Chapter Fifty- Three

After a successful hunting trip, we were making our way back to the manor, just before sun set.

Killian pulled me aside, as everyone walked inside the manor.

"What are you doing?" I asked, surprised by his sudden actions.

He looked at me with a worried expression "I am worried about what will happen if I fall weak during the attack"

"What do you mean?"

"My strength is not what it once was and I am still not very confident in my gift, so I truly believe you should choose someone else to enter the castle with you" he said.

I shook my head "What are you really worried about?"

He looked down "If I die, this time it will be for good, because you will not attempt to bring me back to life again"

"Killian, the first time may have been an accident, but you are no longer the same person you once were" I put my hand on his arm "I believe that this was meant to happen, because you needed a second chance"

"You believe that?" he asked, surprised.

I nodded "I promise you that if anything happens to you, I will attempt to bring you back; even though I am still unsure of how this whole thing works"

"Thank you, Cordelia. I will fight my best for you" he said, walking into the manor.

I followed him, going up the stairs, only to find Montgomery waiting outside his office.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him.

"Please come in" he said, walking into his office.

I entered, cautiously, finding his tone strange "Please tell me they did not find a way inside"

He shook his head "No, no one has been harmed the spell is working marvelously"

I shut the door and sat down in front of his desk "Then what is the nature of this meeting?"

I watched as Montgomery pulled out a dusty, old journal from his desk, before handing it to me.

After wiping away some of the dust, I saw that someone had scratched in the word "Necromancy" on the cover "Montgomery, what is this?"

"I found it among Gabriel's old things, things I believe even he forgot about; at least based on the amount of dust, I am assuming he forgot about them" he explained "That journal is about your gift"

"It's a first person account" I said, reading the first page.

He nodded "It turns out that necromancy was a common gift among early vampires, but by the time the P'yushchego Vampirov wre created, it was less common in vampires, but more common with them"

"Does it say why?" I asked.

"It is brief, but it is believed that witches had a hand in in" he said, leaning forward "You see, dark magic was used to create the P'yushchego Vampirov and it was also used in removing that gift from existence with vampires, because it was believed that if vampires still had it, then the creation of these dark creatures were useless"

I ran my hand across the cover "Whose journal was this?"

"I am unsure, but they talk about an estranged sister very often. It was the only form of identity I could link with this person" he paused "Cordelia, you have a very strong gift and if you learn to master it properly, you will be extremely powerful"