Chapter Forty- Nine

Montgomery and I stood outside the manor, watching the sun slowly beginning to rise.

With the arrival of the sun, those leaving would be able to travel without anyone attacking them.

We watched as Gregory and Aloysius pulled out a large, old carriage from the barn, while Paul returned with two horses that would pull the carriage.

"Where did you say those horses came from?" I asked Montgomery.

He looked at me "Some of our gold and jewels were given to an already rich family's farm, in exchange for two of their finest horses" he focused back to the carriage being set up "We told them that we would be needing at least four more in the future"

"How does a family have so many horses?" I asked.

"They breed them, specifically for trade" he explained.

I looked over, seeing Tinsley tearfully saying good bye to Maisie, unable to let go of her quite yet.

"Perhaps we should have offered the chance for Tinsley to join them" Montgomery suggested.

I shook my head "No, Tinsley wants to bring Langston home herself"

He nodded, not needing to say a word, because he understood how pained Tinsley was with the loss of Langston.

"Manuel and I will steer the horses, while the others stay in the carriage" Paul spoke, approaching us.

"Is there enough room in there for everything?" Rowan asked, stepping forward.

Montgomery nodded "Yes, Gabriel designed this carriage and the several others in the barn himself. It is made to fit eight vampires, so that when needed to appear human, they did so in numbers"

"Did he create this in fear that this coalition would have to live abruptly?" I asked, knowing that Gabriel would have planned this in advance, especially at the chance of the P'yushchego Vampirov finding him.

"Yes, but as far as anyone knew it was for continence, not for something greater" he explained.

Manuel and Leo began placing luggage at the top of the carriage, strapping it down in place, before shaking the carriage to check if it would stay in place.

"What about blood?" Jemina asked, showing her concern.

She had been making sure to be feeding enough so that her need to feed did not outweigh her concern of keeping Rowan safe.

"There is a large suitcase with packages of blood, which will remain under one of the seats" Montgomery explained "Although for the most part, you will need to hunt"

"I will out for you, Jemina, so that you do not become overwhelmed with hunting" Gregory said, knowing that she was worried about actually feeding for the first time.

I related to her concern, because it reminded me of how I was when I first became a vampire.

Samuel and Florence were there to help me, just as Gregory will help Jemina.

Montgomery approached Leo, handing him a set of keys and documents "These will assure everything at the manor in Scotland" he looked at the others who would be leaving, before looking back at Leo "I hope everything will be in order for a large or small arrival, after this is done and over with"

Leo slowly nodded, understanding "I will do everything to follow your instructions"

"The sun is official almost done rising!" Paul announced "We must get as far from this land as possible!"

Tinsley hugged Maisie rightly one last time.

Jemina approached them, placing a hand on Tinsley "I will look after Maisie as if she is my own sister"

Tinsley hugged her "Thank you"

She shakily stepped back, trying to compose herself.

To help ease her pain, I took her hand, letting her know that I was there for her.

"Thank you" she whispered.

Paul and Manuel took their seats, to steer the horses, taking a look at all of us staying here, as if they were trying to memorize our faces one last time.

The others found their way into the carriage, while everything quickly became quiet as we watched them leave the manor grounds.

The silence would not last for long though.

I turned to Montgomery "We must now execute a plan of attack"