Chapter Seven

As I walked up the staircase, desperately seeking the comfort of my room and a change of clothing, I was quickly approached by Heath, as he walked beside me.

"Florence and Samuel's problems have reached a significant high, because Samuel has now said something to Florence that has hurt her so badly" he spoke.

I stopped walking and looked at him "Is she alright?"

He shook his head "Because of his words, she threw a vase at his head and used her empathy gifts to make him feel pain"

I looked at Heath, completely to hear of this, because of how out of character it was for Florence "What is it that he said to her?"

"I am unaware, because she refuses to tell me. She insists that she will only speak to you" he explained.

I shook my head "I will speak to her immediately, but please gather some blood for us, because I guarantee you that she is exhausted from her use of power and will need the energy"

He nodded, while I rushed to the second floor, rushing past others in the hallway and entering Florence's room.

She was sobbing on the floor of her room and it broke my heart.

I shut the door behind me and approached her, speaking softly "Florence?"

She looked up at me, with tears streaming down her face "I hate him!"

I sat down beside her "What happened?"

"I never want to speak to him again!" she sobbed, choking on her tears "He has insulted me and my relationship with Heath for the very last time!"

"Tell me what happened, please"

She wiped her eyes "We were fighting, like we constantly do now and I kept trying to explain to him that I would not be leaving his side, because he is still my brother and he would not listen to me" she started crying again as she remembered the details "He told me that my constant displays of affection for Heath has left me appearing as any old common street whore"

My eyes widened "Are you sure that is what he said?"

"Am I sure?" she asked, wiping away her tears once more "It is repeating over and over in my head, of course I am sure"

"I will speak to him regarding this. Something most have really upset him to say such things, Florence. You know that he loves, right?"

"He has a poor way of showing it" she said, sitting up.

I pulled her into my arms, hugging her "I hate to see you in such pain"

"It is all I am capable of feeling because of his treatment towards me" she whispered.

I shook my head "Florence, with everything going on the tensions seem to be incredibly high for everyone, resulting in anger at the wrong person"

The door opened abruptly and we both pulled away, surprised by the scared appearance of Archibald.

"Archibald are you alright?" Florence asked.

"No, Cordelia, you must come with me" he ordered.

I looked at him confused "What is wrong?"

"Samuel had a vision of you being dragged down a hallway by someone, bleeding from your neck" he spoke, making me tense up "Come now, we must speak to Montgomery"

I looked at Florence "Will you be alright?"

She gave a small nod "Yes, Heath will take care of me. Go, seek advice from Montgomery"

I got up and followed Archibald up the stairs to Montgomery's office.

Montgomery looked at us, noticing the concerned looks "Please tell me that another body hasn't been found for all to see"

Archibald shook his head and closed the door, as we both took seats "Samuel had a premonition of Cordelia being dragged down a hallway, bleeding from her neck"

Montgomery's eyes widened as he looked at me "Was it our hallway?"

Archibald shook his head "No, he said without a doubt, it was made of stone"

"If it is not our hallways, then I will be fine, it just means I must remain in the manor" I said, trying to reassure everyone.

Montgomery shook his head "Archibald, tell all the shapeshifters that every hour, one of them must remain outside Cordelia's bedroom and follow her if she goes anywhere"

I looked at Montgomery, surprised by his choice of action, while Archibald quickly left the room.

"No, you cannot be serious! That plan is unnecessary and absolutely ridiculous!" I said, trying to comprehend what was happening.

Montgomery shook his head "Cordelia, someone has already died in our home and I will not overlook this as a caution, but as something written in stone. I will not lose another on my watch"

I rolled my eyes "But having me followed like a child is a bit extreme"

"Do you not understand that you are their main target? If they are to capture you, this coalition will fall apart" he stood up "Do not disobey me, just listen"

I got up to leave, finding all of this over the top.

"Cordelia, I am ordering you to act responsibly and to not do anything that could ultimately put you in harm's way" he said.

I gave a small nod, despite disagreeing with his orders and walked out of his office, storming into my room.