Chapter Thirty- Four

"Why does it hurt so badly?" I screamed out, as Annabeth and Tinsley helped clean my new bite wound.

I gasped in pain as Tinsley began rubbing something on it, while Annabeth cleaned up the blood around my chest.

I looked up at my new mirror on my vanity and at the sight of the bloody mess I had become, I began shaking.

"Cordelia?" Tinsley asked, while Annabeth stared at me.

I quickly stood and started panicking, while pulling at my dress "Get me out of it! Get me out of this damn dress!"

Annabeth stood and began undoing the back of my dress, trying to go as quickly as she could.

"I feel like my chest is being squeezed!" I cried out, clawing at my chest and pulling at the dress "Please, get me out of it!"

Tinsley ran to get my robe, while Annabeth pulled the dress over me, after she loosened it.

They both stared in shock at seeing all of the bite marks on my body, as I stood there in front of them completely exposed.

"P-Please, hand me the robe" I chocked, shaking as I tried covering my chest.

Tinsley handed me the robe, while Annabeth tossed the dress to the floor.

Annabeth guided me to the couch, helping me sit down, while I pulled the robe around myself more.

"I never knew they were that bad" she whispered.

Tinsley took a seat beside me and took a damp cloth, trying to remove the remaining blood on my chest.

Yelling was heard outside my door, startling all of us.

"Paul, let me through goddammit!" Louis yelled.

I looked down, realizing that once he heard I was attacked he would grow worried and demand to see me.

Annabeth groaned and stormed to the door, pulling it open "Lower your voice!"

Louis and Paul both stood there, staring at Annabeth, surprised by the outburst.

"I was held in my room to keep from getting irrational, because of Cordelia being attacked" Louis asked, staring Annabeth down "How badly was she hurt?"

"No one asked you to come to her room" Annabeth said, staring right back at him.

Louis scoffed and pushed past her, stopping immediately once he saw my appearance.

Annabeth looked to Tinsley "We should leave and just check on her later in the evening"

Tinsley nodded, standing.

"Thank you, both of you" I said, standing.

I watched as they left the room, closing the door behind him, while Louis approached me.

"What the hell happened downstairs?" he asked.

"Samuel entered the manor, which I am sure you heard and he attacked me, after killing Audrey" I looked down "Audrey was too young, she didn't deserve to die that way"

"Outside of the children, she was the youngest here, wasn't she?" he asked.

I nodded "We were the same age, but she was so much younger"

He hung his head down "I should have been with you to protect you, but I was ordered by Montgomery to monitor those on the second floor"

I reached out, taking his hand "I am so glad that you weren't there, actually" my eyes watered "Because if you were, Samuel would have made it his goal to kill you as well"

He kissed the top of my head, letting his lips linger for a moment "How bad was the attack?"

I pulled part of the robe over, exposing my shoulder and the mangled mess that Samuel made "It is just another one to add to my collection"

"I am staying with you for the night, alright?" he asked.

I nodded, knowing I would need him tonight "Thank you" I surprised myself by hugging him, practically clinging to him, scared to let go.

"This attack was different than the others, wasn't it?" he asked.

"Yes, I did not know Jakub, but I knew Samuel and knowing what he is now capable of kills me"

Louis took the moment to pick me, holding me in his arms, while carrying me to the bed "I will stay with you as long as you need me"

"Louis?" I asked.

He sat me down on the bed "Yes?"

I stared up at him "I want you to stay with me, every night" I took his hand "After seeing what Samuel has become, I do not want to be alone"

He got down on the bed, next to me "I promise to protect you every night"

I felt calm as he wrapped his arms around me, so I rested my head against him, finally feeling safe in his arms and with him touching me.

"I am so sorry for pushing you away, especially since I did not realize just how badly I needed you" I whispered.

"It does not matter anymore" he kissed my forehead "Just try and sleep"

I closed my eyes, continuing to cling to him.