Chapter Twenty- One

Archibald.

Wren.

Rosemary.

Hattie.

And Louis, most likely.

I was making a list in my head, of all those who have died here and I was repeating it over and over, not wanting to forget anyone.

I wondered how many days I had remained here, losing track of day and night properly and unable to make an easy guess with how dark the castle remained constantly.

Jakub moved me to his lap, pulling me out of my thought, while I looked around the study.

Lukas was speaking to Rosalyn, making her giggle, while Jakub was petting me and keeping me only on him.

Saskia entered the room, looking annoyed "I am disappointed in you two"

Lukas and Rosalyn both looked at her, knowing she was speaking of them.

"And what for?" Lukas asked, amused.

"You two only managed to grab two pure blood witches, while that freckled girl is not one, leaving her to no use for me" Saskia answered.

I had forgotten that Sandra was taken as well, but I was worried if I should be adding her to the list now.

Ava was the only other witch left then and I worried she would meet a similar end to Hattie.

"Then just kill the bloody witch" Jakub said.

Saskia took a seat in her chair "I could do that easily, but instead, I have placed her in my room, choosing to torture her instead" She softly smiled "I should get some fun out of it while I can"

"Why go to all that trouble?" he asked.

"Because it amuses me" Saskia answered, as though it were clearly obvious.

Jakub shook his head, chuckling.

I made no effort to do anything or say anything, because I felt as though I were permanently in a numbed state, never to find life in myself again.

"Jakub, I fear you are drinking too much of her blood, because she resembles a corpse" Saskia joked, as she spoke of me.

"She only appears this way, because I have trained her so well to act for only me" he responded, petting my hair.

If only he knew that I just gave no care to giving him the response, he actually wanted.

Fear.

"So when will Samuel be joining us?" Lukas asked, as Rosalyn climbed onto his lap, kissing his neck.

Saskia rolled her eyes at the sight "As soon as he feeds for the first time outside these castle walls, he can join us as our new brother"

"Is that safe, with two vampires nearby?" Rosalyn asked, worried for her life.

Saskia sat forward "In this room, only one vampire life matters and I promise you that it is not yours" she smiled "I remind you that the only reason we have not had you as a snack is because Lukas has developed a liking for you" she motioned to me "Cordelia here, he knows not to touch"

Jakub started petting my hair again, making me uncomfortable, but I no longer flinched when he did so.

"Which I guarantee will be incredibly difficult, considering how delicious her blood is" Jakub commented.

"The sun will be up within the hour" Lukas commented.

Saskia nodded "Jakub, either chain her back up in your room or lock her in her own room"

I watched as we all stood and hoped that I did not have to be locked to that bed again.

As we all headed off into different directions, he forced me into his room "If you obey me, I will bring you a gift after our important hunt tonight"

He sat me on the bed and followed the routine of locking me in the cuffs.

"Why do you not sleep in your own rooms?" I asked.

He clasped the lock "Because there is a room in the dungeon, with coffins that we sleep in to avoid any possible sunlight"

"So vampires do sleep in coffins" I commented.

"Only for safety, not out of comfort" he said "You know what to do"

I turned up my arm, flinching as he bit into it, feeding from me once again.

He placed the key back on the hook beside the wardrobe "Now, you will remain here for most of the evening, because once we wake, we are all immediately going out and hunting, allowing your precious Samuel to feed from as many vampires as he wishes"

He leaned down and kissed me for the first time, roughly, making me want to gag as I tasted my own blood that still lingered on his lips.

I watched him leave and I wanted to wipe the taste from my mouth, but was unable to.

At least I could be alone in the dark, finding comfort in it because it kept everything hidden, including his face.

-

I finally have my own laptop and just to give you all an idea of how amazing it is...I have written twenty- one chapters in three days, for this book. I'm in such a great mood because of it and it has put me in such a great mood. 

Let me know in the comments what you think of the chapter.

I will also be posting a second chapter today, so look for that.