Chapter Fifty- Nine

Rowena and I entered the manor, where those who have fully healed continuing packing away items and covering the furniture with sheets.

I looked over at Annabeth, who was packing away clothing into trunks, with Grace.

Never in my time here have I ever seen Annabeth look so happy before.

Perhaps her happiness did appear with her life.

"Why don't you go and help them" I suggested to Rowena.

She nodded and walked over to them, helping them with the clothing, while admiring them at the same time.

Once everyone healed, we would be leaving for Scotland, to a new home and a new beginning.

Montgomery approached me, looking at the others as well "If I had planned that attack, most of these people would have died"

I looked up at him "We still faced four deaths"

"One of which you were able to reverse" he commented.

I shook my head, feeling at ease now that things had died down "I have never been to Scotland before, but I am happy to be going anywhere else" I noticed the many trunks being filled "Do we have enough carriages for everything?"

He nodded "Gabriel always expected an attack on him eventually and at the time, there were over forty vampires living here. So when he had them made, he made sure there were enough to carry everyone"

"I am concerned about Lukas though, worried that he may one day return" Montgomery commented, beginning to walk outside.

"If he returns, then we will all be ready for him" I assured him.

I followed him outside "I believe that at the new manor, we should train everyone that lives there, both old and new, so that they always have a way to protect themselves from any harm that does come our way"

He chuckled "I cannot wait to hear more on this idea, but it must wait until we are settled in"

I looked over at Rowena "Rowena is so happy to be here and I just hope her life is full of easier happiness than my own" I looked over at him "Thank you for letting her stay"

He nodded "Absolutely. Not many of us get to enjoy the family we once had as a human, so I insist that she lives her life here as long as she pleases"

Louis walked up to me, immediately putting his arms around me "Perhaps we can discuss our own future soon"

Montgomery patted me on the shoulder "I am going to go and pack up the remains of my office"

I wrapped my arms around Louis', feeling so at home in this moment.

Florence stood at Samuel's grave, putting the remaining ashes on his headstone.

"Do you believe she will be alright?" Louis asked.

Heath approached her, carrying flowers and I watched as he placed all but one on his headstone, before handing the single one to Florence.

She lightly smiled at him, while he kissed the top of her head.

"I believe she will be, slowly, but surely" I answered.

I felt a sense of serenity around me and I have never felt that before, but I am finally accepting the idea of it with open arms.