Chapter Forty- Eight

Louis and I entered my room, while I immediately began removing my dress, taking my frustration out on the fabric that left me feeling confined.

He approached me, wrapping his arms around me, keeping my arms to my side.

"I never expected everything to unravel like this" he spoke, breaking the silence.

I rested my head back against him "I did, but only because it was the only way I could attempt to move forward"

He rested his head against mine "Have you two decided who you are sending to Scotland?"

"We should sit down" I said, putting on my robe and sitting down next to him, taking his hand in mine "You have the option to go, so that you are harmed"

He took a deep breath "Is that what you want?"

"What I want is for you to stay alive" I said, looking down at where his arm should have been burned. It was as if there was no proof he had been set on fire.

"I want to fight next to you and be there for you through all of this"

I squeezed his hand "You are guaranteed to live if you go to Scotland, but I am not going to force you to leave. If you wish to leave, Paul will go in your place"

"Are you expecting me to die?" he asked.

I quickly shook my head "Of course not, but anything can happen"

He knew that I was speaking of Langston and understood exactly what I meant.

"If for some reason we are to lose and I end up back in their hands, I will not hesitate in killing myself" I quickly wiped my eyes "I do not want you to see that, just as I do not want to see you face a violent end"

"Cordelia, as a human, I am destined to die at some point"

I looked down "We have never discussed what happens when you continue to age and I stay as I am"

He lifted my face up with his hands, looking me in the eyes "I would do anything for you, even allowing myself to become a vampire" he lightly chuckled "Perhaps I will be like Jemina and end up a hybrid; I can protect those around me even more"

I looked up at him "Would you really consider becoming a vampire?"

He nodded "Once everything has ended, we can discuss it more, but for now, we must enjoy our time together, just in case something does happen"

I reached up, kissing him deeply, surprising him.

Since my attack, I had not been as affectionate with him as I once was, so allowing myself to do this showed that I was starting to heal.

"Paul will go to Scotland, while I stay here and protect the coalition" he whispered.

I nodded "The announcement will be made, so that they can leave before any more attacks take place"

-

DOUBLE CHAPTERS TODAY! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK IN THE COMMENTS. 

I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL ENJOYING THE SERIES.