Chapter 15

The wedding day. I was still a little shaken up from my earlier encounter with Brandon. It's 7:30 and the wedding begins at 10:45. I had a decent breakfast with Diane in my room. "You ready for your big day?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I've been waiting for this day to come," I replied.

I first took a shower to freshen up. Diane sat behind me on the bed as she carefully brushed my dark hair. We had music playing in the background to make the atmosphere pleasant. Slowly and carefully, Diane did my hair in an elegant and magical design. She braided my bangs intricately and pinned it to the side of my head. Small white flowers were intertwined within the braid. I was becoming an elf from a medieval film with a hint of mythology.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Beautiful like always," Diane replied.

I smiled and my face slightly turned red in embarrassment. Diane carefully applied light green eye shadow with a thin line of black eye liner. My pale green dress didn't flush out my skin complexion, thank god. I was almost depicted as a goddess. It was almost 10:30.

"It's time to head downstairs, Lexis" Drake said after knocking on the open door.

"We'll be down in a minute. Is Luca already outside?" I asked.

"Yeah, you'll be fine. He won't notice you until you walk down that aisle. You look gorgeous by the way," Drake stated politely.

"Thanks Drake," I said shyly but kindly.

He smiled and then walked away. Diane put the finishing touches on and then headed down the long corridor. I took a deep breath and walked towards Bill who stood near the back door. "You look lovely," Bill stated.

"Thank you," I replied.

He held out his arm for me to hold. My transparent white veil had already covered my face by the time Diane and I stepped off the last stair. "This is it," I said in a shaky voice.

The doors opened wide. Everyone stood up from their chairs and watched us walked down the aisle. My hand tightened up around Bill's arm. I was nervous. I usually had my anxiety increase when everyone's attention remained on me. "It's alright to be nervous. My wife Chloe was just like you on our wedding day," Bill whispered into my ear.

That comforted me hearing those words. I took a deep breath and continued walking. I put a smile on my face. I was getting married today. What more could I ask for? Finally, I stood in front of Luca. He was outstandingly handsome.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join these two people," Father Michael announced.

There we stood for about half an hour at the altar. Father Michael went on and on with the ceremonial words. "Do you, Lexis Springer, take Luca to be your husband?" He asked.

"I do," I responded.

"Do you, Luca Darvis, take Lexis to be your wife?" He asked.

"I do," he responded.

"I'm pleased to announce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride" Father Michael stated.

Luca slowly leaned forward and slightly curled his neck down to kiss my pink lips. Everyone cheered and clapped with the immense of joy. "Now if you will place the ring on Lexis' finger," Father Michael said.

Luca took the ring from the silk cushion and placed it around my finger. "Place the ring on Luca's finger," Father Michael stated.

I took the remaining ring from the silk cushion and placed it on his finger. Our fingers intertwined with each other. We were finally Mr. and Mrs. Darvis. We walked down the aisle hand in hand. I was smiling with the biggest grin I've made in years. Everyone walked to the tent outside near the water. Remi had already brought the food and cake out with the help from some of the other servants. We all gathered under the tent. After a few speeches from Diane, Bill, Lila, and Tommy, everyone dug into their food. Remi did a splendid job. It was about an hour and a half to two hours of eating lunch.

"You ready to make the first cut in the cake?" Luca asked loud enough for me to hear over the rambunctious crowd.

"Sure," I replied.

We stood up and tapped the champagne glass with an unused fork to gather everyone's attention. They all looked to our direction of stance. "It's time to cut the cake," Luca announced.

Everyone was excited. Diane got to one side with a video camera and Bill stood next to her with a digital camera snapping away as we cut the cake. They both wanted to capture this moment in time to share the memories. Together, we slowly cut the cake. Everyone cheered and clapped again. We all ate one slice of cake. Then we hit the dance floor.

Our first dance as a married couple. The music was perfect. Diane picked out the music for us. "Diane has some good taste," Luca said.

"Yeah, she does," I replied.