Chapter 7

Everyone was looking for me. I continued to cry. I was scared. What the hell is wrong with me? I was so confused on what I should do. I wanted to scream out for people to hear around the globe but something was stealing my voice. Something was holding me back.

I buried my face in my hands. The next time I lifted my head to see what time it was, I was scared to death by her ice cold face. "You've been a naughty girl, Lexis. Let mama help you release you from your worries and stress," my mother's echoing voice carried.

She crept closer and closer towards me. My hands were shaking like the falling leaves would in a strong wind. My lips quivered and my heart continued to skip beats. I couldn't take it anymore. "Leave me alone you witch!" I screamed.

Luca heard my screams from outside and ran up the stairs. He made it to my door and tried to open the door. The knob nearly fell off from the force that was exerted upon it from Luca's grip. "Lexis, open the door!" Luca yelled in fear, I could hear that in his trembling voice, through the door.

I cried and cried to my heart's content. I was frozen in place. My body refused to move. Each minute, I felt Death's cold fingers wrap around my neck. Finally, my fingers found the door lock and unlocked it.

I found myself crawling on all fours to the edge of my bed. I was rocking back and forth as I cried my salty tears. Luca walked slowly to my side. I felt his soft hands wrap around my shoulders. His touch was like magic that released me from this curse.

"Lexis, why didn't you answer me when I called? You had me worried," Luca cried.

"I'm sorry! I'm scared and torn in two!" I wailed.

Luca was speechless to my response. He didn't know what to do. "Then let me put you back together and have you as one loving piece," he finally said as he walked towards me.

His hands embraced my face and teary eyes gazed into his green eyes. Slowly, Luca knelt on one knee and picked me up in his arms. He held me close to his warm body and walked towards the door. Silently the door closed. I cried into Luca's shoulder as he rubbed my back and stroked my hair.

"Do you trust me?" Luca asked in his melodic voice.

"Yes. With all of my heart," I replied softly.

He placed me under the covers and then joined me. One kiss after another. Ever movement we made got heated up. "I love you so much. I love you more than anything in the world," he said in between breaths of air.

"I know," I replied back sweetly in the heat of the moment.

For two hours, we stayed in my room. Finally I crawled out of bed and threw on my clothes. Luca was sound asleep. Then I picked up my room a bit before Diane saw it. Once that was finished, I picked up my guitar.

I began to sing a little tune I remember my mom used to sing to me when I was only a baby. It was You'll Be in My Heart from the Disney movie Tarzan. I began to get teary eyed from singing those words. The good memories my mom and I had overwhelmed my mind. I wished that things were like that when she was still alive.

Then Luca woke up. He slowly got up from the bed and put on all of his clothes except his shirt. He came up from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist. Together we gazed upon the sunset. "This is one magical afternoon, isn't it?" Luca asked hypnotizing me.

"Yes it is," I replied as I leaned my head against his broad chest.

Luca carefully grasped the neck of my guitar and leaned it against the balcony rail. His hands turned my hips so I could face him. Everything about this moment was romantic. Slowly, our heads were moving towards one another until our lips met. The sunset was perfect for this romantic moment.

Someone knocking on my door interrupted our perfect little moment. "I'll go get it," I said softly and sweetly.

"Okay, I'll be waiting here," he said with a smile on his glorious face.

I walked briskly from the balcony to my door. When I opened it, there stood Diane. "Oh, hi Diane," I said.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Yeah sure," I said.

Luca came in from the balcony and was nearly on his back since he was surprised by Diane. She smiled and couldn't hold back her laugh. We all laughed together. It was funny, I have to admit. "Um, dinner is going to be ready in a few minutes. I just came to check on you two after earlier's fiasco," Diane stated.

"Okay, thanks Diane for the heads up. We'll be down in a minute," Luca replied.

Then Diane left the room. There stood Luca and I trying to hold back the coming laughter. Then we bursted out laughing. "I should probably meet you downstairs" Luca said.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute" I replied.

He pulled me in close and then kissed my soft lips once again. Then he walked down the hall and down the stairwell. I placed my guitar on its stand and then walked casually down to the dining room. "Took you long enough, Lex" Tucker said sarcastically.

I smiled and sat down in the empty chair next to Luca. "What's for dinner, Diane?" I asked.

"Hot dogs with mac n' cheese" she replied.

Pia squealed with joy when she heard mac n' cheese. I assumed it was one of her favorite foods. Remi and two other workers came in and served our dinner. "Thank-you again Remi, Tanya, and Cade" Diane said.

Then they left and we ate our meal together as if we were all family. Everyone was talking and laughing. Tucker and I are used to yelling, scolding, blaming, and crying. I enjoyed this atmosphere. If Diane won over the court then I would love to live here instead of anywhere else on the planet.

By 6:30 that evening, we had finished eating and the maids, Saige and Brittany, cleaned up our plates. I walked to my room and sat out on my balcony. The light wind blew through my hair. It was calming and peaceful. I didn't want to leave this place if I had the option to. Tucker, Tommy, and Jacob were best friends and acted like there were brothers. Everyone acted as a family although Tucker, Luca, and I were outsiders. We weren't out casted like were in school. Without even noticing during my train of thought, Luca walked in and quietly wrapped his arms around me.

"Jesus Christ Luca! You scared me" I said after I jumped.

He laughed at the fact. "Sorry, hey do you think Diane would object on having me move in with you?" Luca asked.

"I don't know. Why don't you go ask her?" I replied.

"Okay. I'll be right back baby girl" he said.

He kissed my shoulder and then left to go find Diane. I waited patiently for his return. Minute after minute I stood on the balcony. Finally he returned to my side. "Well?" I asked.

"She said I could move my things tomorrow after breakfast" he responded.

"I'll help you since I won't have anything else better to do" I said to him.

It was getting late and I was ready to fall asleep. Luca picked me up off my feet and brought me inside. "Get changed into your pajamas. I promise I won't look" Luca said as he turned around.

I pulled out a tank top and shorts with ankle socks. Quickly I changed my clothes. "Okay, you can turn around now" I said.

Luca turned around and he was in awe of my appearance. Then he pulled off his shirt, jeans, socks, and boots. All he had on was his muscle shirt and underwear. Then we crawled into bed. Then we slept the night away.

When we woke up the next morning, my alarm clock read 8:34 AM. The sun was shining through the windows, drapes, and the archway to the balcony. The scene was like something that would appear in a romantic movie. I got out from under the covers and sat on the edge of the bed. I stretched my arms to the ceiling so I could wake up my body.

"Good morning beautiful" Luca said in a whisper.

"Good morning" I said in a sleep voice but with a smile on my face.