Secrets

Chapter 19

My heart sunk. It felt like all the air was being sucked out of my lungs. My whole body– my weak body– erupted with heat; envy. That's all I could think. Heat, anger, despair. My palms began sweating terribly and I tried to control my breathing, but to no avail.

“W-what?” I stuttered, trying to convince myself that he hadn't just said that. Even Liz and Mackenzie looked surprised. Had they not have known?

Austin stepped forwards towards me and sighed. “I said, Robbie threatened me too.” His eyes looked so apologetic; I almost felt bad. But he lied to me. Lied. Had this been Robbie's plan all along? I knew about my 'friends'...but Austin? Robbie hated Austin. Austin hated Robbie. Right?

Had this whole year been a lie so far? Everything I've done was for me to just go back to Robbie, wasn't it. He just had to have his way. His fucking way. I can't believe it.

“Miranda, are you okay?” Liz said softly. I shot her a death glare and stood up. “Okay? Am I just that gullible?! I swear. Fool me once, shame on you. But twice? I actually thought someone cared about me-”

“Robbie cares for you!” Drew interjected. I spun around to face him. “Oh, Robbie. You mean, the Robbie who put me through hell? The Robbie who made sure I actually had "friends"!? The same Robbie that told Austin to go out with me!? That is not love! That is fucking...its just...Ugh!"

I clenched my fists. Was I seriously that gullible? Really? I hate myself. I cant believe I thought someone liked me. I cannot even believe the fury I feel for Alyssa. She had been my best friend. Was that a lie too? How long had she been in contact with Robbie? The whole year? Since he left?

What about Ashton? Had he known? Was that why he came to school that one day? Who knows. I don't even know what to believe anymore. I don't know what to expect anymore.

Lies. Right. Expect lies. Because apparently that's my life now. A huge book of fake people, just waiting to take me down when I'm at my most vulnerable stage. I guess that's what they did. When I didn't have any friends, Mackenzie was there. When I was upset about Robbie, Austin was there. When I was just upset in general...Robbie was there. Coincidence, right?

“Miranda, I want you to know, yes, I asked you out because Robbie told me, but I really like you. Those feelings; they weren't fake.” He tried reasoning with me. Who does this bitch think he is? Unless he's Harry Styles, he can't convince me of anything.

“Yeah okay, Austin.” His name came out of my mouth like venom. Poisonous, dangerous, venom. He looked at me with those eyes- those ocean blue eyes- with so much sympathy. I cant believe he actually did that. What could Robbie have against all of them? I know I said I didn't want to know...but c'mon.

I took a deep breath. “I'm ready.” Quietly, I sat on Mackenzie's bed, next to Christian, cross my legs, and folded my arms. They sat there, not doing anything. “Well?” I raised my voice a bit, waiting expectantly.

“Uh...ready for what?” Ella asked confused. I gave her an 'are-you-kidding-me?' look. “You're going to tell me the secrets.” Drew scowled at me. “I'm not telling you mine-” I interrupted. “Whoever is willing to tell me; they can't be that bad. And I already know Mackenzie's. If everyone says their secret, theres really nothing to be ashamed about. You're all telling one, so its fair.” I shrugged and raised my eyebrows, waiting for them to answer.

“I'll tell you mine.” Liz piped in. I turned towards her and quirked an eyebrow. “Do you want to just tell me, or everyone?” I whispered, trying to not intimidate her even more and get her to back out. She took a deep breath. “E-Everyone...”

Once said, everyone shifted there attention towards Liz. “Okay.” I nodded, smiling slightly. “Okay, uh. One night, I went out to a party. And Robbie was there. And I got pretty drunk. Which I usually don't drink so I couldn't hold it. And uh... I had another friend there; Laura. Laura got pretty drunk too. And uh...I made out with Laura.”

There was a few gasped from around me, but I just waited for her to continue. “And uh...since Robbie was there, he got a picture of it. I tried convincing him into deleting it, but he wouldn't. He said he'd need it someday as payback; blackmail. And I swear, I am not a lesbian. But that's what people would think If he ever sent out the picture...I'm so sorry, Miranda.”

I brought her in for a comforting hug, and felt my shoulder get wet from her tears. “I made out with my French teacher.” Someone spoke up. I whipped around and saw Drew sitting there awkwardly. Everyone's eyes were on him. I nodded, “Okay.”

Soon everyone in the room were admitting things. Deep dark secrets. I couldn't believe some of them. In the end, I reviewed all of them in my head. Liz and Laura, Drew and Mrs. Fricato, Mackenzie and her abortion, Christian and his step sisters 'special' relationship, Ella and her weird obsessions, and Austin and Jessica. Turns out, Austin knew Jessica from his old school...and...apparently had a 'relationship' with her.

“See, that wasn't so hard. Doesn't it feel good from having all that weight lifted from you shoulders?” I smiled and rubbed Ella on the back. “Yeah...but just to make it fair...” I looked at Drew and raised an eyebrow. Where was he going with this? “You have to tell us one of your secrets.”

I blinked. What?

What kind of secret? I've got a lot. Like. Too many. Too many... I guess I could settle for one. But its not my darkest secret...and everyone already knows...

Crap. I'm screwed. “How about...no?” I tried pushing it aside. But nope. Not working. Austin literally blocked the door. The door to my freedom. Bye bye door. Bye bye dignity.

“C'mon Miranda. We told you ours-” Christian started. “It would only be fair.” Mackenzie stated. I took a deep breath. Could I seriously tell them? What if they didn't look at me the same way. What if they told him.

I seriously don't even know why this is true anymore. I should feel hatred, envy, betrayal, but instead...

“I love Robbie.”

|Written by RobbieRehab| sorry that sucked. thank you for reading. bye