Stories

I feel a soft hand tugging on my arm. I slowly peel my eyes open and see a puffy, red eyed Mckenzie staring down at me.

"Hi." she whispers with a faint sniff.

I force a small smile and sit up so she can sit beside me. The mattress sinks down as Kenzie makes herself comfortable and I just stare down at the carpet floor. She lets out a small sigh and fiddles with her thumbs as I think of what to say.

"I think you should know the others' stories as well."

"They probably won't tell me."

"I'll come with you and back you up......you need to know."

She places a hand on my shoulder and I look up at her with teary eyes.

"I-I don't think I wanna know." I start to sob.

Kenzie pulls me close and brushes my hair with her small hand.

"It will be ok Miranda." she coo's.

I sniffle and pull away from her hug.

"What time is it?"I ask changing the subject.

"3:04." Kenzie gestures to the clock. I nod and walk over to my running shoes.

"Im going for a run." I state as I pull on my pink and black new balance shoes. I look down at my pink t shirt and black shorts and sigh.

"This is fine." I mumble about my outfit.

"Bye." Kenzie smiles at me as I head out the door.

I walk out of the school and feel the cool breeze sweep over me. I start jogging down the gravel road and pick up the pace as I get to the school gates.

I run out and onto the sidewalk and collide into someone. I abruptly fall on my butt and glare up at........Austin?

"Austin? Shouldn't you be in school?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Shouldn't you?"

"Touche." I roll my eyes.

"Why are you out running?"

"Why are you out walking?"

He gives me a stern look and pulls me over to the gate.

"Look, Robbie sent me to find you and make sure you were ok."

My heart stops as he says Robbie and I scoff and start walking off.

"SINCE WHEN DID YOU START TALKING TO HIM!?" I yell back at him.

"He just asked ok!"

"I don't care what he says, thinks or does." I spat.

"What!? wait!" Austin declares grabbing my arm again. I turn back to him and sigh.

"Austin if your going to talk about Robbie just leave ok?"

"But-"

"JUST UGH!" I yell pushing past his confused self. I start my running again but he jumps in front of me and tightly grips onto me.

"AUSTIN I SAI-"

But he slams his lips on mine not letting me finish. His soft lips gently kiss mine as I melt into his touch and kiss him back. It's not the same as Robbie though. I liked his kiss better.

What no!

Maybe

Austin is so sweet and gentle and Robbie was mean to me but kissed me and I liked it. Ugh.