Why?

♡Chapter 8♡

-----------------------------

I stood there. Frozen in shock of what James was trying to do to me.

"Robbie... It's not what it looks like." James stood there, looking at Robbie's angry face.

Before I could do anything, Robbie threw his fist in the air and punched James in the face.

"Robbie!" I screamed and held him back from pounding his face in.

"Stop it!" I pushed him up against the wall and held him there. His eyes widened at my actions and his gaze met my neck.

"Look what he did to you! If I wasn't here he would've-" His eyes began to look glossy and he stoked my neck. I winced in pain at his touch and looked down.

"I would've been fine." I whispered.

"Miranda-" He stoked my arm and looked into my eyes.

"Let's just go back to my dorm before the principal catches us." I pushed him off of me and fixed my messed up shirt. I slowly opened the door and peered around the corner, taking look out. 

"It's clear." I whispered, turning back towards Robbie. He was staring down at James beaten up face, laying knocked out on the ground. I grabbed his wrist gently and pulled him out the door. I heard a loud sound behind me and I turned around to see Robbie stepped on a water bottle.

"Shh!" I pointed down at his foot and he slowly lifted it off. I pulled him through the hallways and we made it towards my dorm.

"Will you be ok? You know, getting to your room...?" I glanced at the door behind him, and back into his eyes.

"I'll be fine." He whispered back.

I pushed him out of the way and quietly twisted the door knob. I made my way in the room and turned back at Robbie. I waved my hand shyly and closed the door. I crept over to the top bunk and heard someone clear their throat behind me. My breath hitched and I froze in my tracks.

I slowly turned around to see who was behind me. I let out a breath of relief once I saw who was there.

"Where were you?" Liz asked, motioning towards the door.

"Um.. just out." I turned around the climb the ladder, but I felt her grab onto my shirt.

"Where the hell did these come from!?" She harshly whispered, looking at my neck.

"Shh! You'll wake them up!" I whispered back, pointing to the sleeping bodies.

"Was that from Robbie!?" She said a little bit too loud.

"No! No, no, no." I shook my head rapidly.

"Then who-"

"It doesn't matter." I didn't want her or them to know. They wouldn't look at James the same anymore. They would shut him out and never talk to him again. I couldn't let them do that to a friend.

"It does matter!" She yelled back.

"No its doesn't!" I screamed back.

"Why don't you just tell me!?

"James." I muttered.

He eyes widened and she backed up in shock. "James? You  let him do that to you!? He's been wanting to screw with you since you came here!"

"Don't you think I know that! I didn't let him!" Tears brimmed the edges of my eyes.

"H-he raped you?" She whispered quietly.