3.2

{Song For This Chapter; Bite My Tongue - You Me At Six ft. Oliver Sykes}

• Tony's pov •

Just do it, I told myself, clutching the handful of flowers I had in my hand a little tighter. Lift up your hand and knock on that fucking door.

It was honestly hard to believe that just a couple of hours ago I was on a musty smelling couch inside of a hotel room, thinking that she'd never like me again. But now that Vic has told me what Mandy said, I finally know and believe that she actually likes me. She really does.

I took a total of an hour to get myself together and take a shower. Then another hour to figure out what to wear (I'm such a girl.) But now, I'm here with all these thoughts stuck in my head saying I'm gonna freeze up. Kind of just like how I froze up when I found out she was really Halley.

You're gonna screw it up, my head said. Just don't even try. Walk away while you still can.

Even though I tried to fight those kinds of thoughts, they kept on coming back. And I knew for a fact that they were, sort of, right. Vic could have been lying. Maybe he just wanted to get me over here and ask her out. She might not even like me. I mentally shook my head no. I knew Vic wouldn't do that. He's my best friend. But, you never know.

I sighed, shaking my head while looking at the hallway's floor that I was standing on. It's too much. I can't do it.

"--Picking up some grocer--Tony?" The door swung open fast. I didn't even have a chance to walk away. But by the sweetness in the voice, I knew it was Halley.

Looking up at her, I smiled. She looked down at the flowers and back up at my face, smiling back. "Can I--can I help you?" she asked, laughing a little at the end of her sentence. Man, her laugh was adorable. It was like music to my ears whenever I heard it. I don't know if it was because I haven't heard it in so long, or because I've missed her so much.

"Uh," I replied slowly, scratching the back of my neck. "I need to ask you something."

She nodded. Then she turned her head to look inside of the apartment, turning back to me in a second. "Yeah," she said, stepping outside into the hallway, too, closing the door quietly behind her. "Go ahead."

I opened my mouth to talk, but nothing came out. I was stumped. This may have been my only chance and here I am ruining it. I closed my mouth, sighing. "Look, Halley," I said quietly, staring into her beautiful eyes. Oh dear Lord, I thought, feeling my legs start to get a little wobbly. "You're my everything. I'm constantly thinking about you and us and what we could be. Together."

Holding the flowers I gripped tightly, I offered them to her, smiling huge, nervousness all over my face. "Will you, Halley Emilia Newton, go out with me? We'll start out slow and work our way up again. It'll be way different, but in a good way. I promise."

Halley grinned up at me, putting her hand on the flowers I was holding slowly. "Tony, of course I'll go out with you."

I smiled even bigger than I was before, closing my eyes and leaning in towards her for a kiss. Instead, my lips were hit with something cold. I opened my eyes wide, embarrassed. She put her pointer finger on my lips, stopping me from kissing her.

"We haven't even had our first date yet, Perry," she said, smirking and pulling her finger away from my mouth. "But nice try."

I rolled my eyes on the outside, grinning. But mentally, I was shrugging. I had to try, I thought. Just had to.

• Emilia's pov •

Honestly, I thought it was cute of him to ask me out and say we're going to take it slow. I've always found that taking things slowly always work better than going fast. Because when things go fast, you forget what actually happened and about how much fun you had. Taking it slow, is the way to go.

But right now, as Mandy zipped up my zipper for the dress I was wearing on our 'first' date tonight, I could already tell it was going to be a great night. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if we just went to a movies or not. As long as I'm with Tony, I'm happy. It doesn't matter where we are.

Tony said where we're going is a secret. All he told me was to dress formally. If you asked me, I'd say that's pretty stupid. I hate secrets. Maybe because all of the secrets ended badly, but lets not go there.

"Okay," Mandy said finally, biting her lip and smiling like crazy. "Turn around."

I listened to her and turned around, smiling even more crazier than Mandy was, liking what I saw in the mirror. "Oh, my God."

The dress was perfect. It was dark red and strapless, stopping just before my knees. But it wasn't just my dress that looked perfect. It was my hair, makeup, and shoes, too. Everything was perfect. And I only had Mandy to thank. She did it all.

"So, do you like it?" she asked, looking into the mirror from behind me, fixing my single necklace that was a bit crooked. "The red lipstick looks a little off, but I tried my best."

"And you did absolutely great on everything," I replied, grinning, and turning around. I pulled her into a hug, squeezing her tightly. "Thank you, Mandy."

She squeezed just as hard back. "You're welcome, Em." We both pulled away from the hug whenever someone knocked on the door.

"That's loverboy," she sing-songed, dancing her way to the door in her sweat pants and baggy pyjama shirt.

I laughed quietly, walking towards the door too, my flats slapping the ground. (I could never walk in heels.) I was honestly prepared for the date to come. And I knew it was going to be perfect. Like I said before, I'm fine with whatever we're doing as long as Tony's there.

Author's Note;

i'm actually so srry for updating like o928373 years later omfg i hate myself rn

but pop dat lil vote button and tell me what you think bc next is the date and its gonna be radddd

ilusfm okay peace

© 2014, PRECIADONT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.