0.9

{Song for the chapter; Let Live - Of Mice & Men}

• Tony's pov •

I stared at it. That stupid fucking book. The book that Emilia left behind on the North Wood Park bench. It was constantly bringing memories back about her. But I can't like her. The only reason why I'm attracted to her is because she looks like Halley. A hell of a lot like her. It made me want to pull all of my hair out.

It's like she's coming back to haunt me just because I cheated. It wasn't my fault! That girl literally pulled me toward her. And besides, I pulled away half of a second later. But apparently it wasn't fast enough. The paparazzi got it. They got the photo that ruined my life. Who knows what would have happen if they wouldn't have caught it in time. Maybe me and Halley would still be together. Guess I'll never know.

I held my eyes shut, throwing the book off of the coffee table and into the wall. "Screw off with that bullshit, Tony! We both know you meant to do it!" Halley's trembling voice replayed in my head.

I stood up from the couch of my apartment and walked onto the balcony. I'd do anything to get that horrific night to stop replaying in my head. It killed me to see Halley that way. I didn't mean to hurt her.

The scene outside of my apartment was beautiful. It had tons of traffic but at night, - like it was right now - everything was lit up and perfect. The boys were suppose to come over soon. But them being them, were late. As usual. It didn't bug me really. I liked my alone time. But at a time like this, I just want to distract my thoughts. And the sooner, the better.

"Yo, Tone!" Someone banged on my door. "Open the door!"

I rushed over to the front of my apartment, opening the door for the boys to walk in. As they all passed me, they all gave me a greeting. 'How ya been, man?' or 'Woah. Nice shirt.' It was like an everyday thing for the boys to come over, even when we aren't on tour.

Jaime walked over the book that sat beside the wall. It didn't look unread or untouched now. Instead, the front cover was bent. All because of me. "Looks like your book is a little bent there, Tony," Jaime said, picking up the book and setting it on the coffee table. "I didn't know you were into girly books."

I laughed sarcastically and picked up the book, looking into the kitchen to make sure Vic and Mike were in there. "It isn't mine," I said, trying to bend the cover back. "It's some girl's from the park."

Jaime crossed his arms over his chest. "Just some girls? Because it doesn't really look like it." I looked up at him. He could read me like an open book. It scared me a little.

Sighing, I set the book back down on the coffee table. "Okay," I said, my voice quiet. "Her name's Emilia. And every time I look at her face, she reminds me of Halley. The only difference is the colour of their hair and maybe a difference in the nose. I can't exactly picture it."

"So, the only reason why you keep thinking about her is because she looks like Halley?" Jaime asked quietly. I nodded. "But do you think, maybe, you could give her a chance? You never know. Maybe she knows Halley or something." Jaime took a seat on the couch, resting his feet on the coffee table.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe," I said, staring at my fingers that were fiddling with each other.

Jaime sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Just think about it okay? Try to find her again. It can't be that hard."

• Emilia's pov •

"How does this look?" Mom asked, walking out of her bedroom and into the living room. She was wearing a simple, black dress and a pair of red heels that matched her red lips. Her newly died orange hair was curled into loose waves, and a couple of bobby pins were holding back her bangs.

Mom and Craig were going out for the weekend. They thought it'd be fun to get together with their old friends. They invited me to go, but I declined nicely. It's not that I don't want to, it's just I'd have nobody to talk to. So, why go?

I smiled. "You look perfect," I said, muting the tv and watching the MTV VJ talk silently.

"Really?" she asked again, looking down at her appearance.

Craig walked out from behind her in a suit and tie. He snaked his arm around her waist. "Really," he said, kissing her on the cheek. He removed his hand from her waist and started to tug at his red tie. "Damn this itchy tie."

I laughed at Craig trying to re-adjust his tie. "You kids have fun, now." I grinned a childish smile, sitting up on the couch more.

My mom rolled her eyes, smiling. "We're the children? You were just begging me for fast food this morning, Em."

"Whatever," I said. "Now, get out of this house! Go have fun!" I nodded my head towards the front door and toward Craig. He knew what to do next.

Craig started to gently push Mom out of the door in her heels. "But are you sure you don't want to come?" she asked worriedly. I ignored her and un-muted the tv, not waiting for her to finish her ranting. "Okay, but be careful! And don't forget to turn off the lights before you go to bed! We'll be home soon!" she shouted as Craig shut the door behind them.

I smiled to myself and turned up the tv with the remote. At times like this, I really wish I had a dog. Just a little puppy to keep me company when I was lonely. Like right now. Maybe I should've went with Craig and Mom. Nah, I would've been just a pain in the butt, begging to come home every five minutes.

But, I don't want to be that lazy person. I came back to San Diego to have fun, not to laze around. There has got to be something that I can do around here. Maybe I should go to the park. Actually, bad idea. I hated the fact that Tony was keeping me from doing things. And as my mom always said, 'you should never let fear rule your life.' She's a wise women, that one.

I stood up from my comfy place on the couch and slipped my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. Putting on my jacket, I zipped it up, my black vans already on my feet. My hand was on the door knob when I realized I was missing the one thing I always brought with me to the park. A book.

Rushing into my room, I slammed the door into the wall, looking around for my book. Only, it wasn't on my dresser - where I always set it. It was nowhere in sight. The only thing that was on my dresser was a pair of sunglasses and a small bottle of mascara. That's odd. I always put my book where it belongs.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen, searching the counters and looking into some junk drawers. Didn't see a glimpse of even a book. I'd only brought one to San Diego, figuring I'd buy more. But sadly, I don't have a car, and all I want is that specific book. I had an idea of who had it. The one person who made me feel uncomfortable with just the mention of his name. Tony Perry.

Author's Note;

it's short, i know, but i did say i was going to update and i did ((:

feedback? please? it just brings a huge smile to my face c: and thank you if you do

and go look at my new profile picture omg i love it.

ily bayee

© 2013, PRECIADONT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For The Second Time {Tony Perry}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara