1.3

{Song for this chapter; Swing Life Away - Machine Gun Kelly ft. Kellin Quinn} ((omg fave))

• Emilia's pov •

I agreed, and I'm pretty sure it'll come back and bite me right in the ass. You wait for it. 'Sounds great. (:' I texted back, the funniest feeling in my gut. I didn't know what that feeling was, but it felt a bit like guilt or embarrassment. A new feeling I've never felt before.

There was a knock on my door as it creaked open a tiny bit. "Can I come in?" Mom's sweet voice asked as she pushed the door open a bit more. I nodded, setting my phone on my bed, moving over to clear a spot beside me. She sat beside me on my sky blue comforter, my bed freshly made. "I thought you might want to talk about that thing in the car the other day."

Sighing, I began to start fiddling with my fingers, thinking about what happened the other day. "Look, Mom, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just thoug--"

"You thought wrong." I looked up from my hands, staring at her as she watched the door. "I care about you, Em, and I think you should know that whatever you do, will always be the right decision. You don't need to explain anything to me, but I wouldn't mind if you did."

I laughed quietly, nodding my head. "Well, if you really wanna know, Tony invited me to meet his band," I said quietly, heat rushing to my cheeks. "But he just thinks I'm Emilia; a girl from the park."

Mom gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. It looked like Miss. Gretter - the number one gossiper in the Northwood Neighbourhood - just told her some new neighbourhood gossip. "Are you going?" she asked, removing her hand away from her mouth.

Nodding, I picked up my phone, unlocking it and showing her the latest text I sent. She read it over, smiling big. Her smile started to turn into a straight line as she stared at the text. "Well, it looks like Tony replied, Emilia." Mom sent me a look, pointing to my phone screen.

'Is 7 alright? If you need a drive, I don't mind. (:' it read. I started to panic. He can't pick me up. Then he'd remember. My breathing started to go shorter and faster, as my chest fell up and down, fast. My hands started shaking, too.

"Emilia?" Mom asked, a worried expression on her face. She started to panic also as I didn't reply. My phone dropped from my hands and fell onto the comfort of my bed. "Are you okay? Talk to me, Em!"

She stopped talking when she saw my phone lying on my bed in front of her. Mom examined the texts as she started typing. I started to panic even more. Shit, I thought. Now he's definitely going to know.

My breathing started to low down as my hands stopped shaking. "What are you typing?!" I yelled, pulling my phone out of her hands. But it was too late. The send sound just went off as I took it away from her.

'There's no need for you to drive me. My mom is letting me take her car for the night, but thanks anyways. :)' my mom texted.

"Really?" I asked excitedly, a huge grin on my face. "You're letting me take your SUV? Your precious, precious SUV?"

She sighed, shaking her head with a smile on her face. "Yes," she said slowly. A small squeal escaped my mouth, but Mom gave me a look as to stop and listen. "But, you need to drop off and pick up Craig and I. Understood?" I nodded fast, that huge grin still not leaving my face.

You see, my mom has never let me take her SUV anywhere and it is so pretty. She keeps it so clean and taken care of, that I'm scared to even get a little bit of dirt on the beige paint. Mom named her 'Betsy' and made sure to make people call her that. It annoyed me a little bit at times, but really, she loves Betsy more than anything. Let's not ruin her moment.