2.0

{Song for this chapter; Backseat Serenade - All Time Low}

~x~x~x~x~ 5 MONTHS LATER ~x~x~x~x~

• Emilia's pov •

"--And then you butter it up," the chef on the tv instructed. "I'm using margarine, but most times I use real butter. It completes the whole meal if you use real butter, so I recommend it. . ." I watched as chef Fluenchi dropped a spoon full of butter into the pot.

Ever since that day I left Tony standing in the middle of the San Diego airport, I've watched multiple cooking shows. They were my latest addiction. Mandy gets annoyed whenever I watch them around her, but they're fascinating to watch, really. She doesn't see it, but I do.

A lot has changed since then. Other then a couple of new tattoos, I've gotten piercings. I got a single, gold hoop on the right side of my nose, my hips pierced, (I was dared by Mandy, and trust me, I do not take down a dare) and a lot of more piercings on my ears. As for my hair, I kept it the same colour it was whenever I left. I didn't do a single thing to it. Craig and Mom visited a lot in the past five months, calling whenever they could. My mom is constantly worried about me. She thinks I can't handle living far from home, even though I've been doing it for the past two years.

Even though I do miss home, I'm one hundred percent sure I am not going back there anytime soon. New York is my home now. I've thought about going back a thousand times to apologize to Tony, just to make sure we're on good terms. I know we aren't and it worries me that he might hate my guts right now. But I can't risk going back and him convincing me to stay. I can't just drop everything and run into Tony's arms. I couldn't do that to Mandy. I couldn't do that to me.

There was a knock at the wooden door, causing the door to shake a little. "Can you get that?!" Karla called from the bathroom. "Tell him I'll be out in a sec!"

I rolled my eyes, groaning and standing up from my comfortable spot on the couch. I've been really lazy lately, something that drives Karla absolutely crazy. She's really into fitness now, causing her to be exercising and eating healthy all the time. Me? Well, I'm the exact opposite. I sit down all day, doing nothing, and eating nothing but junk food.

Putting my hand on the knob, I pulled the door open, waving and smiling at Karla's boyfriend of six months. Jake was the 'perfect boyfriend' in Karla's eyes. With short black hair, acne-free skin, and good looks, he was everything a girl could dream of. Well, in her opinion. I had a different idea of a perfect boyfriend. He has long, dark hair, dark skin, and deep, brown eyes. And his name is Tony. No. I mean he has no name.

I cleared my throat, getting ready to speak. "She'll be ready in a second," I said quickly, allowing Jake in, and shutting the door behind him. "I suggest you make yourself comfortable, she could be a while." I sat back in my previous position on the couch, trying to get comfortable and back into the show again.

He laughed, shaking his head. "Wouldn't be the first time," Jake replied quietly, rooting through our cabinets, and trying to whisper so Karla wouldn't hear.

I nodded my head, a way to agree with him. Jake is the kind of guy who likes to talk. Something that Karla and him both have in common. And something that annoys the crap out of me. Karla has come home dozens of times, telling me all about what a great time they've had. It felt like she was kind of rubbing it in my face, but I let it go like it was nothing. So now, that's what she is in my eyes; just a roommate that brags about her fabulous life.

My life has been horrible in the past five months. From work, to deciding on whether or not to go back to college, I just don't know what to do. Things seem to be getting harder and harder everyday and I can't handle it. I've told Mandy all about this and she says it's normal, but I disagree. If I go back to college, the college I left because it was 'too boring', I might not even graduate. There's just so much to do in so little time.