2.6

{Song for this chapter; Ghosts - Mayday Parade}

• Tony's pov •

I sat in the parking lot of Pauli's Guitar Shop, Vic's car turned off, but me still in it. I was nervous. Extremely nervous. It was dark out, making it easy to see through the glass windows. I could see Mandy unpacking a box of something, loading them onto the shelf. I couldn't spot Halley's bright hair anywhere, though. She obviously wasn't there. I mean, she just got let out of the hospital. But yet, it's hard to believe Mandy would leave her alone after what happened.

Once I realized I can't just sit here and wait to see if Halley's inside, I opened the car door slowly, getting out of it even slower. Just then a pair of headlights came from around the corner, flashing brightly in my eyes. I closed them and flinched, slamming the car door loudly. The car parked on the other side of Vic's car, the engine turning off afterwards. A moment later, I heard a door slam shut, loud footsteps, and keys jingling. I kept quiet and froze in place, a little scared as to who it might be.

It's probably a random costumer, Tony, I thought, mentally rolling my eyes. It couldn't be her. It just couldn't.

"Tony?" a confused, yet angry feminine voice asked quietly. "What the hell--" I didn't talk because I knew, just by the voice, that it was Halley. I'm dead. So dead.

I turned around to come face-to-face with Halley. "Surprise?" I said, saying it more as a question than an answer, and shrugging my shoulders a bit.

She shook her head as if she couldn't believe it. Crossing her arms, she asked, "Oh, so you're actually going to talk to me this time?" There was no expression on her face. But that's just a way of telling me she's mad. I know it.

"Halley, I know you're mad. But please just listen, okay?" I paused, not exactly waiting for a reply. "You need to understand that I only didn't talk to you because I was thinking. Thinking about how I do need you in my life, too. You were right and I agree. I don't want to have to live another day without you, Hal. I need you more than anything. And I'm sick and tired of us doing all these silly games. I want it to end and I want you to stay in my life forever."

Halley smiled, laughing a little. "I was never mad at you. It was a joke, Tony," she said, laughing even more after she said it. I walked towards her, putting my hands around her waist. She put her hands behind my neck, laying them on my shoulders sloppily. "But I'm sick of all these games, too. I realized in the hospital that I need to stop being selfish, and to see your side of things from now on."

"Does that mean we're back together or--"

"Emilia?!" Mandy's voice called loudly from the Pauli's Guitar Shop door. "Are you out here?! I saw my car!"

Halley and I pulled apart from each other, both feeling a little embarrassed. "Maybe not yet," she said quietly, making sure Mandy can't hear or see us clearly. "But I doubt it."

I nodded. "Oh, okay," I replied, fake smiling. "But uh, I think you better get back inside. Mandy calls."

Nodding, Halley started walking away slowly, waving towards me. "Get my number from Vic and call me," she said, smiling big. I nodded again, giving her a thumbs up and getting back into the car I brought here.

I sat lifelessly in the driver side's seat. I came here just to be put down by the one person I know for sure I want to spend the rest of my life with. Everything just fucking sucks at the moment. Maybe I should've even came. I bet things would've been way better than they are now.

I started to get so angry that I hit the steering wheel again, making the horn beep. After I settle down a bit, I started Vic's car, speeding off towards the hotel with no expression on my face.

• Emilia's pov •

"What were you doing out there?" Mandy asked, slightly confused. "Were you ordering a meal or something and where's the guitar I sent you for?"

"In the car," I said, looking out the window, my back facing Mandy. I was hardly listening, only watching Tony drive away. "I must have forgot it." I squinted my eyes at Tony's concentrated face as he watched the road ahead of him.

Whenever he was gone, I turned around, Mandy's suspicious face in my view. She had her arms crossed over her chest. I rolled my eyes and passed by her, brushing her shoulder a bit. "It was him wasn't it?" she asked quietly. I didn't reply, just standing where I was, my back still facing her. "C'mon, Em, I know when you're hiding something."

Turing around again, I sighed. "Okay, it was him. You happy now?"

She made a face of annoyance, her biceps flexing. I could see them since she was only wearing a tee shirt with some kind of band's concert on it. "Actually, I'm not," Mandy said, her eyebrows arched upwards. "Emilia it's your decision to stay with him, not mine. I can't change your mind anyway."

"So. . .?"

"Do what you want. I'm not gonna hold you back just because he messed up that one time." I made a face, telling her she's wrong. She rolled her eyes. "Okay, fine, a couple of times. But to be honest, I would really want to see you two together again. Since I haven't seen you on a date in, like, years, I'm happy."

I walked over to the box where Mandy used to be unpacking stuff. Kneeling down, I began to do the same, filling shelf after shelf with guitar accessories. "We aren't going out," I said quietly, not even sure if she could hear me. "I only forgave him, Mandy. We're not back together."

"Yet." Turning back to look at her, I shook my head no. "But, Emilia, would you just give him another chance? For the better?"

I raised my eyebrows at her, a fake laughter expression on my face. "So he can choke up on me after we have an argument? No. But I'm fine with being friend--"

"What?" she asked, shocked. "Really, Em, really? Just friends?" I nodded, not seeing the problem in what I said. "Think about what that'll do to Tony's little heart. It'll shatter it. And as soon as you tell--wait, what did you tell him out there?" I smiled a weak smile, looking anywhere but into Mandy's eyes. "Halley Emilia Newton, no."

I shrugged. "He asked if we were back together, and I said maybe, but I doubt it," I said. "I really don't see why this is a big deal. It's his fault for cheating on me, anyways."

"That was four years ago," Mandy replied sassily, shaking her head. "You can't keep blaming him. There had to be an explanation for why he did it."

Thinking back to whenever I was running away from Tony in the airport and he told me what had happened, I sighed, knowing Mandy's right. All of our arguments always end in Mandy being right nowadays. I'm beginning to not like being wrong all the time.

"I didn't kiss her, Halley. She kissed me." I could still see Tony facial expression; desperate for me to believe and stay with him.

But I just can't make my mind up on whether or not I want him back. I mean sure, as a friend it would be great, but extremely difficult. (Not to mention, if I find a boyfriend) Yet, being his girlfriend would be even more difficult and I don't know if I could handle it. The unfixed problems would be all over the place and I don't want a relationship like that. It's a hard decision, but I'm pretty sure I already know what I'm doing. And no matter what, Mandy can't change my mind.

Author's Note;

omfg im tired and there's school tomorrow so fml

but comment and tell me what you think okay ilu btw sorry this is short, like i said im tired bye

peace yo

© 2014, PRECIADONT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.