Chapter 37

Kate

I've been back at the flat for a week and knew Jake was due to home any moment now. I don't know what happened last week in the press room but the week apart made me want to make up with him all the more.

I just hoped he felt the same.

I missed him. Did that make me crazy stupid? He was such an ass last week but I knew that I hadn't helped with the situation. I'd been paranoid and clingy over him. I knew that I was going to ruin things sooner or later. I knew that it was a moment of time that things would end for us. Either he would have enough of me or my past would come and bite me on the ass.

Or maybe it could work. If I could just get Jake and his family talking again. Get over the press following us around, I knew we could make it work. Things like this, being in love are worth fighting for!

It was also fate, us being together. It was when we first went to Millie's together that we realised we had met before.

I was just displaying the cakes that came out of the oven when I heard a manly deep Irish accident from over the counter.

"Excuse me?" When I turned around I wasn't expecting the most gorgeous man I've ever seen. He had thick black hair, sharp bone structure with a little stubble and a strong jaw. He was big too, like bodybuilding big with broad shoulders and you could easily see that under his leather coat is an amazing body...

Stop looking at his body! I told myself but I looked back to his face and his eyes hadn't yet met mine but I could already feel like they were going to be the most amazing site.

"Hi what can I get for you?" I smiled trying to give my best customer service.

"Hi...sorry mmm..." he said pulling his hand through his thick hair. He looked tired like he was still half asleep, he must hate mornings as much as I do. It was then that his eyes met mine and I felt like the temperature in the room just hit max and time stopped. His eyes were the most amazing mixture of browns.

I forgot where I was and what I was doing just staring at this stranger's eyes like he was some kind of hero... it looked like he was looking at me a little too intense as well.

He smirked looking away as I did.

"I've never been here before so what's good here?" he said in his deep sexy accent, who couldn't help but fall for this guy? I made me feel nervous, like a schoolgirl talking to the popular boy.

"Mmmm... It's all baked fresh every day so everything" I really didn't know what to say, I was never good with the whole flirting game not when living with my foster father. I guess I didn't have the normal upbringing where you learn how to talk to the opposite sex.

"By you?" he asked

"Yes... and the owner. I cook the sweets"

"Then I'll have something sweet, sweet is always better. What would you have?" he lent on the counter looking at me making me feel like the only woman in the world. God this guy was good!

"Ok... well I had to pick one I'd say the strawberry and chocolate muffins" I blushed.

"I'll have one of them then please and a coffee"

"Ok" I went over the coffee machine and I could feel his eyes on my back.

"So what's so special about these muffins?" he asked still grinning that cheeky smirk.

"Well they just came out the oven so they are at their best and in the middle is like a strawberry jam so you got a bit of your five a day in there" I tried to make a joke but just felt like an idiot so I moved swiftly on. "...and it has white chocolate chips so it's extra sweet and because I made them"