Chapter 33

Kate. A week ago

"We're going shopping" Jake wakes me up.

I groan, throwing the bed sheet back over my head, refusing to get out of bed.

"No! No, I'm not going through that again" I not being made to feel like bloody Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman again.

"Why what happened last time?" he asked pulling the sheet off me.

"It just wasn't what I would call fun" I pouted.

"Babe I could show you what I'd rather be doing as fun if only you let me..." he leant into me on the bed. I could feel every curve of him against me as his hands went around my waist. He was so close, I could smell his shower gel and the heat radiating off his body.

Now, this is something I wanted to be doing instead of shopping. I know I told him I wanted to wait a little longer for we... become more intermit but every cell in my body burned for him. He leant in so his lips were an inch for mine.

"I promised I would wait and I'm going to be a man of my word. Now get dressed, you need some new clothes and other stuff if you're planning on sending all the things Jay got you back" he pushed off the bed walking away, leaving me hot and bothered. "Anyway the things Jay made you wear aren't you and I'm glad you left most of them back at Anderson's"

"They weren't mine" I waved him off "He can send them back it would have felt wrong keeping them" I really didn't want to go shopping again. I moved to the middle of the bed on my knees pouting my lips to try and change his mind but he just laughed at me.

"Come on let me take you shopping, I promise you, you'll enjoy it and we'll go to any shop you like. Don't feel like you have to parade around for me... unless you want to model for me" he winked.

"I actually like the sound of that" I moved to the edge of the bed closer to him. He pulled his fingers through my bed hair, caressing my face with his large hands and rubbed his fingers down my cheek.

"We'll go shopping and get something to eat and maybe even see a show. Whatever you want, whatever will make you happy?" I brought my hand to his cheek. I loved feeling his skin against mine.

"You make me happy," I said. He took a sharp breath looking nervous all of a sudden.

I looked up into his eyes, showing him how serious I was with that statement. It was true, all we have done these past two weeks was stay in his home and go for a few walks but I've enjoyed every moment of it. He leant down and kissed me lightly on the lips. It was soft and too quick but I still loved it.

"Back at you Smith, I'll make breakfast and we'll go" I groaned as he left the room. I was never going to win in an argument with Jake Minster.

Two hours later and I've never had as much fun as shopping with Jake. He was so playful when he wanted to be. We walked down the street holding hands, talking casually, like any other couple. I've spent years watching other couples do this but now I was that person and I loved every minute.

"Kate..." Jake moaned as I walked towards Primark.

"You said I could get my clothes from anywhere!" I laughed at his face.

"Yer but I think we can do a little better than this!"

"I'll only get some casual stuff here and we'll go somewhere else for other stuff, come on" I pulled on his hand but he stood still pulling me into his chest.

"You're the weirdest lady I've ever gone out with" his breath was hot on my cheeks.

"Now who's complementing who?" I laughed pulling him towards the doors.