Chapter 5

Mickey

"You want me to what?" Kate asked shocked after I told her about the Minsters offer. I knew she would. I don't think Kate ever done anything remotely excited or out-there in her life.

"I want you to play girlfriend to Jay Minster" I repeated myself.

"Who?" she asked confused. Was she joking?

"Do you live under a rock girl! Jay Minster? The Minster family?" I said. How can she not know who they were, the Minsters were one of the richest, most successful families in Ireland. Maybe in the top ten in the UK. But she just shook her head not knowing a thing I just said. "Look it doesn't matter, the fact is he's a very rich man with a powerful family and he needs an escort to a party in the posh countryside for a week and you're the girl for the job"

"Escort?" was this girl always confused in life or was she just toying with me.

"Yes, I work for a website called sugardaddy.com it's an escorting and dating website, I'm a talent scout and you'll be perfect for the job" I explained.

"I can't! I won't! I'm not selling myself, I would never!!" she shouted. Well, it was the loudest I've ever heard her little childish voice go. I liked Kate, she was a pain in my ass. There have been many times I've wanted to fire her but I knew she needed the money and she was a great cleaner.

"That's not what you'll be doing, you're overthinking this Kate! You would be an escort... you'll be playing his girlfriend in front of his friends and family, not in the bedroom" I explained.

"But... It's degrading and demeaning... I couldn't do that" was she joking! She was already working in a strip club, she was starting to annoy me it was only escorting. No one was asking her to take her close off as some of the girls here had too.

Little miss high and mighty couldn't just play pretend!

Well, she will. There is too much money riding on this deal for her to back down. I said I liked Kate and I do but in the end, it was a doggy, doggy world out there and money always came first.

"Why me?" she asked.

"He says he needs a wholesome girl to take home to meet his mother and he thinks you're perfect," I said half lying or half telling the truth whichever way you wanted to look at it. I wasn't going to tell her he wanted a boring and plain looking girl like herself was I.

There was a long pause and I could tell that she was thinking it over.

"But it's... selling yourself! Who would ever do that?" she whispered.

"You'll be surprised how many girls killed this chance"

"I'm sorry Mickey not interested, maybe you can get one of the other girls that would kill of the chance," she said reaching for the door.

"He's paying us ten thousand pounds," I said which made her stop near the door. "Fifty-fifty split five thousand pounds just pretending to be someone's girlfriend"

"I've never been someone's girlfriend" I knew it, innocent as a newborn babe.

"There's nothing to it, Kate, it's just like being someone's friend but... more intermit"

"How intermit?"

"The most you would have to do with the guy his hold his hand," I said. I imagine Minster would need to do more than that in front of his family and friends to prove that there together, a kiss or to but she didn't need to know that. "Think we could do with that money Kate. Pay of the bills. Keep things going for a bit"