Chapter 14

Jake

After we grabbed some food I saw my family all sitting on a large rounded table in the corner of the room. Everyone was chatting, eating and drinking the place dry most likely.

I could see Connor talking with Lilly... well Lilly talked and Connor just sat there smiling at her like he always does. Jay was talking to Paul who looked bored out of his mind. He saw me from across the room and waved me over. More of a rescue than anything else. Paul and Jay loved each other but they couldn't be more different. Jay was well cut, serious and straight to the point and Paul didn't have a serious bone in his body. Everything was a joke in his eyes and anything serious he batted away as quick as it came. He was a big kid. God knows what goes on in his brain.

As Paul waved his hand to me everyone turned to see me. Including her.

Kate's large green eyes found mine and my breath court in my throat. She looked away just before I saw the her cheeks reddened. She might have found it easy to look away but I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

It was those damn eyes... witches eyes! That hooked you on to her spell. And what a spell it was. I took her in from head to toe and I couldn't help wondering what she ware under that dress. Was she a lace or silk girl. Or did she wear anything at all.

Jesus. I felt my trousers tighten uncomfortably as I looked at her breasts in that dress. How could she look so shy and innocent but at the same time look so damn sexy.

Stop it! Look away and stop thinking about her on her back, legs wrapped around you and that dress up to her waist. I thought to myself.

"Friends of yours?" a voice brought me back to earth.

It was then I remembered Leah standing next to me.

"Ahh. Yes" pull yourself together Jake, I straighten. "Do you mind if we go and sit with my family? They're waving us over" I asked trying to rub off the feeling the green eyed girl chanting.

"No, I don't mind. let's go" she smiled. She was truly beautiful. Why could I picture her legs wrapped around my waist? Other than Chris claiming her with his eyes earlier, she would have been great entertainment and a much better choice than Kate Smith.

"Hey guys" I said pulling a chair out for Leah. "Everyone this is Leah, my future wife, according to mother" I joked as everyone around the table boast out laughing, other than Kate, who sat quiet next to me.

Her cheeks were still pink and I could feel her shoulders tense up as we brush next to each other with my arm.

Why did I sit next to her? It was like an alcoholic walking into a pub. I could smell her sitting this close... 'you need to be close with her remember. So you can keep a close eye on her' I thought. Right, I tried to convince myself. The plan. Remember the plan.

Fucking her isn't part of the plan

"Wow, am I really that laughable" Leah said laughing along with them.

"Sorry but just the thought of my brother finding someone to actually marrying him is unbelievable to us" Jay laughed with the others. He seems to be in a better mood.

"This is Jay my other brother, he's a lawyer in London, works with your grandfather" I said making my way round the table.

"Oh do I. What's your grandfather's name?" he asked.

"Rupert Anderson" she said as everyone around the table looked shocked at her, Lilly the most. I know she was most likely confused how someone like Leah could be related to a woman like Jess.