Chapter 15

Jake

"... so there we were going all the way round London searching for my Sunglasses, when they were on my head the entire time" she said in a gigging fit.

I've been standing at the bar for near an hour now talking to this tall gorgeous blonde that normally I'd be charming to high heaven but instead I was insanely bored. She had the most annoying pitched voice I'd ever heard, a voice that would make dogs cry.

"It's that the funniest thing you ever heard" she said. I wasn't really listening to her story but I thought a laugh would save me.

"Ha! Yes that was hilarious Helen" God I hope her name is Helen! I thought as I ordered us two more champagnes.

When I turned back round Kate walked into the hall just near me, stretching her head over the sea of people, looking around for Jay most likely. She hadn't seen me yet so I used this time to observe her. You could tell a lot about a person when they thought no one was watching them. For example I could tell she was nervous by the way she played with her hands as she bit her lower lip. I've seen many women do that in my time to try and seduce a man but there was something quite sweet and innocent about the way Kate did it. That didn't mean it still didn't have the same effect on a man like me. It sent a chill through my body at the site of her, just watching her bitting her lip liked that made me what to bite it myself. I flash back of the kiss we shared, spun in my head.

What the hell was that?

A hand on my arm brought me back from the weird place I just was, I shook my head and looked at the womAn in front of me instead. Her hand was rubbing up and down mine... but to my complete horror she had no effect on me.

"... Maybe you can come watch me one day" she winked stepping towards me pushing her body close to mine... STILL NOTHING!! What the hell was going on?!

"What?" I asked not having a clue what she was talking about.

"Watch me dance. I'm a ballroom dancer, weren't you listening" she said playing with the buttons on my shirt. 'I'd much rather watch Kate dance at the strip club' a voice popped in my head nearly making me choke on mine Champagne. Where the HELL did that come from? Why the hell would I ever want to see that? God either I'm drunk or the girl has put some weird spell on me.

Like she heard me at that point she looked my way as Helen was pushed up against me. Her wide green eyes met mine in less than a second before they landed on the floor. She didn't look like she quite knew where or what she was doing as her eyes scanned the ground she turned back round quickly to leave.

"Kate!" I yelled stopping her in her tracks from the bar. She just stood there, for a moment I didn't think she was going to turn back but she did. She turned and stepped closer to me and the blonde, I had completely forgotten about till now. I pulled an arm around the girls waist pulling her even closer to my side, if she could even get that close as she looked from me to Kate with glare.

"What brings you in here all alone?" I asked.

"I just finished walking around the gardens with Leah, I was looking for Jay" she said smiling. I could tell she wasn't happy to see me and I didn't quite give a rat's ass.

"I think he's at the table with everyone" I said.

"Great I better go find him" she said turning to go.

"This is Helen Ford. Helen this is Kate..." I pretended to not remember her last name. "Sorry, Kate...?"

"Smith" she said playing with her hands again, she did that a lot I noticed. I could tell she was uncomfortable as she moved around fidgeting.