Chapter 23

Kate

"What?... oh no! Please don't look!" I panicked. I was finally starting to feeling relaxed around him that I forgot to hide my back. I ignored the pain from my bruised hip and moved into the centre of the bed as far away from him as I could go.

"Kate! I need to see, to make sure you're ok" I could only slightly hear the worry in his voice over the loud thumping of my heart.

"I'm fine... it's not from today" I didn't even notice I was crying till I felt the tears start to fall slowly down my cheek. Just looking at him shocked face I could see the disgusted look that was planted deep in his dark green eyes. Jake was on his knee beside the bed, a moment passed when I felt his hand on my chin lightly turning my head around to see him. He touched me like I was a china doll, which could break with one touch.

"Kate, tell me. Are they scars, how did it happen? " he said in a deep calming voice that sent tingles up and down my body.

"I... I had an accident when I was younger on my back and I just don't like people seeing it" I replied adjusting the robe that was covering me up.

"Kate, a few scars aren't going to scare me" it wasn't really the scars that I was really worried about but having to lie about how I really got them.

"No you don't understand" I looked anyway, wiping the tears from my cheek again. I don't even know why I'm crying! Fear? Sadness? Embarrassment? I haven't a clue, I just can't stop. "I've never shown them to anyone before, no one's ever seen them" Having him see them... touch them... the only person who has ever seen my scars is the person who put them there.

"What... not even a doctor?" he looked shocked and angry at me as I shook my head. "You've never seen a Doctor... Kate show them to me now" he moved closer on the bed. The calm soft Jake was gone replaced with the normal, rude alpha dominating Jake.

"It was a long time ago" I moved back again tightening the towels around me.

"It doesn't matter they can still get infectious" he said taking a tight grip of the towels I was using as a robe to cover everything up.

"I'm sure there fine..."

"Kate please let me see them" he said with his face so close to mine I thought about kissing him for a moment. It would be so easy to push my lips to his and feel like I did all the other times he kissed me. To feel like I was in a different world, like I was a different person all together, the person that I want to be but my passed won't allow me. I licked my lips wishing, hoping that he would just lean that extra bit closer. His lips always made me forget who I was, who I am and made me know who I want to be. I knew that if he kissed me now nothing would stop me from kissing him back and god knows where that would lead us.

I looked away from his lips back into his beautiful green eyes that pulled me tight in the chest, like someone had just pushed me to the ground. I could see that sincere worry and concern in his eyes, the care and kindness that shine bright within him. I've never seen him look at me like that before. I've seen him look at his family and his friends with the same loving look but never at me. It made me almost melt here on the bed. I knew right then and there that I trusted him. I trusted him more than I ever trusted another living human being. I've become so much more confident talking with him as the days have gone by, voicing my feelings of hurt and frustration towards him with no fear of the consequences. It was because I knew he would never hurt me, I trusted him even then I thought I hated him and now... I trust him even more.

"O...ok" I whispered low enough for him to hear. "You can see it but don't say I didn't warn you, it's not pretty" I laid back on the bed moving slowly to not hit my bruise and to hide my nakedness to him.