Chapter 26

Kate 

We were walking down the stairs to meet Jay's family for lunch. Jay had been acting weird all morning. He was busy with work mostly but when he looked at me it was like he was trying to catch me stealing the sliver or something.

It wasn't until we were walking down the stairs when Jay stopped me.

"What's going on between you and my brother?" he asked. I felt my heart jump in my throat at his words. It felt like all the blood has drained from my body and I had to hold the railing for support.

"What do you mean? Nothing" I tried to keep my voice as straight and steady as possible. He kept on looking my straight in the eye for a while before pulling his fingers through his hair out of frustration.

"Fine. I feel like I need to warn you. I don't know what Jake is doing but you need to watch yourself"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I've seen the way he looks at you" he said making me feel all fuzzy inside. So it wasn't just me then that saw a difference when Jake looked at me. I loved the way he looked at me like I was the only woman for him, like I was his... Kate not the time to go all girly!

"Jay..." I tried to reason with him but he interrupted.

"I'm just warning you. Jakes a player, always has been. He's been with more models than Prince Harry. He uses young innocent girls like you as a game. He'll use you just to get to me and then leave you straight after" his words were hush and cold and at first I chose to ignore them but... it was like warning bells started ringing in my ears. I knew Jake was a player when I first met him but somewhere on the way I had forgotten but now all them thoughts had rushed back. Jake was a player. He loved his single carefree life. He'd told me himself. He loved games and the chase but did he stick around after?

He was used to models, actresses and beautiful women, not women like... me.

"Well you don't need to warn me, I have no interest in Jake" I tried my hardest to lie and he knew it.

"I've also seen you looking at him" felt like my heart was being held in a tight fist hard.

"I..."

"Just remember you're doing a job here Kate. We have a contract and if you break it... well let's just say things won't work out that great on your side" I know he was right to speak the way he was. He was paying me a lot to be his girlfriend and what was I doing? Hooking up with his brother! I felt horrible.

"Nothing's going to happen" 'Anymore' I thought. Things were getting too dangerous. Too many people were starting to notice something was up. I needed to start focusing on the job at hand.

"It better not... come let's go for lunch"

We went outside on the courtyard where food was being served. We joined a table with all Jay's family and tucked in. Jay was really pushing the girlfriend card today. Pulling the chair out for me, his hands wrapped around my waist high so everyone from the table could see and stealing kisses at every catch he got. On my forehead, on my cheek and when he could on my lips. They were only pecks but they made me feel nervous and I little sick. Not because Jay was repulsive or anything just that he wasn't Jake. I suddenly felt like I was chatting on him every time Jay had his lips on me and his hands everywhere.

"Who's that with Jake?" Jay's mother Sally asked making everyone look over at Jake. My heart started rising at the sound of Jakes name as I looked up to see him standing next to a tall legged blonde. They were both standing too close next to each other. Whispering in each other's ears suddenly I felt even more sick than before.