Jori 37

Jori.

A few weeks later and we spent Christmas together at my place, mum went to see Marley's family, I didn't want to go without Jori so she gave me money on Christmas eve to buy all the stuff to make it nice. His mum wasn't keen but told us to spend half of the time with her then half at mine, so we went to his first, he was keen on spending the night with me, so I got dressed up nicely and wore a fitted knitted jumper with Angel on the front, and some lacy leggings and heels, I went to his and waited in the living room with Tasha and all his cousins, aunties and everyone. His dad thought he was sly and came in dressed as a skinny father Christmas, and the thing is he didn't wear the father Christmas hat, or the white beard. HE wore a colourful rasta hat which had dread locks and got a bushy beard. The kids screamed and ran to their mums. I covered my face, this was all going on camera, this family, and the things they do, and how they celebrate certain celebrations is weird. Easter times, you can smell fried fish down the whole road because of aunty Lydia. Jori came in and screamed then sneezed, everyone looked at him and just blinked and looked away.

"Fool." Tasha muttered, she just stared at me and didn't say nothing, we never spoke and when they all found out we were back together, she laughed and walked off. Jori came and sat next to me and held my hand whilst his dad shouted and gave presents to people.

"You look very nice." He smiled. I blushed.

"Thank you J. So do you."

"Yeah man, why is my dad dressed like a tramp?" I started laughing.

"I don't know." I giggled, he hugged me and his dad was such a shit father Christmas, but it was so funny.

"Jeremiah." This woman shouted, Jori looked at her.

"Yes aunty." I laughed every time they called him that, that was suppose to b his name, something terrible went wrong.

"Who's your friend?"

"Oh Arachelle, my aunty Patience."

"Hello." I waved. She smiled, she had beautiful cheeks, they stuck out.

"Aww your very beautiful." She said.

"Thank you." She was nice, she had a little daughter called Peace, wow. I held her and me and Jori played with her, she was just 6 months. Jori held her and sniffed her face and started blowing directly in her little face and made her eyes open and close very quickly as she stared at him, she made a noise, and I stared in horror.

"J what the hell are you doing." I took her off him and hugged her, she was so tiny, he was mean. He pointed at her nose and laughed loudly. I smacked him, and she stared not understanding what was going on, poor her related to this boy. She started crying, because he flicked her little foot, and the mum took her.

"Don't mind him, he's a naughty boy." She hugged her. I laughed.

"Shame Jori."

"Shut up."

"Chelle, from Jori." Uncle Charles gave me a wrapped up present, I took it and smiled.

"Don't open it." He whispered. I looked at him and he grinned, I sighed and left it on my lap, his dad gave him mine, that I had put under the Christmas tree when I came, he opened his and I got him perfume and a watch, EMA! I laughed silently, he's lucky I used some of my dad's savings for me, to get that.

"Thanks Mr Boakye."

"What!" He laughed and hugged me, people were looking at me, I realised black people don't say aww when you and a boy hug in front of them, they just look and continue eating or talking. Weird. We ate and I had whatever he had and they played music, it kept changing to calm reggae to loud African music, I just laughed whenever something sounded funny.