You're just a small bump unborn

Jori

I sat watching my future son or daughter on the lil screen, I smiled and tightened my grip on Chelle’s hand, it had been two weeks and I committed to everything she said. The mid-wife asked weather we wanted to know the sex of the child.

“Nah, it’ll be nice knowing when it comes. Right j?” I nodded and accepted.

“Okay but you really need to be monitored more often Arachelle, just an indication from your baby’s irregular heartbeat, I mean the child is fine but we need to just be careful. Make sure you are stress free and eating well, but that’s everything. Take things easy. Things are tight right now, but I’ll slot you in with a doctor in about 2 weeks.” We nodded and she wrote down the appointment and logged it into the server. I smiled warmly at Chelle and soon we were on our way.

“Aww my baby.” She cooed at the scan. I quickly looked and cooed too and then put my eyes back on the road.

“Chelle you do eat properly don’t you?” I asked, worried that she didn’t. She shrugged.

“I try, but I get sick sometimes, it’s the baby, sometimes I just can’t I’ll vomit.” I sighed and shook my head.

“Just try, try for us.”

“Okay.”

She was getting quite big now, and as I was on break for uni, I spent all my time with her. We went back together, we had not been intimate either. Just concentrating on the baby, but I missed her. She just didn’t want that at the moment, and I understood, I caused her so much pain and stress. She literally lived with me at my uni and to be honest, it was nice to come back from a lecture to see her and just chill together and stuff. I came home for her scan, so I was back in the neighborhood. I parked my car in front of her house and we both got out and went into her house. Her mum came through the corridor and smiled at us.

“How was the scan and check up?” Chelle shrugged and kept looking at the scan.

“It was fine, just need to keep an eye on the baby, got a check up in two weeks.” I answered for Chelle. I took off my jacket and hanged it on the coat hanger. Her mum sighed.

“It’s good they are checking on you both Chella, I mean being pregnant brings a lot of complications.” Chelle didn’t even listen; she just nodded and started walking upstairs staring at the baby scan. I rolled my eyes and looked at her mum.

“She honestly can’t wait to be a mum, all she talks about is the baby, you didn’t find out what you’re having?” She asked leaning on the wall.

“She didn’t want us to find out.” I sighed.

“Did you want to find out?” She smiled. I shrugged. Truth is I don’t want to get on Chelle’s bad side at the moment, just want things to be easier for her. So I just agreed with everything she said.

“I don’t mind, anything to keep the peace between us to be honest.” She laughed and I chuckled slightly.

“You know since you’ve been around more, she’s improved, and she’s calmer now. Jori she really does love you.”

“Yeah but doubt she wants us to get back together.”

“Maybe she just wants you to prove yourself during this pregnancy, maybe when the baby comes along she may change her mind about your position in her life.” I nodded and smiled.

“Well until then I gotta prove I’m going to be a good dad.”

“Definitely! Oh I’m making dinner, so call you two down when I’m done.” I nodded and ran upstairs to Chelle’s room. She was popping our baby scan photo on the wall.