Day Out

Chapter 12: Day Out

One by one Amy passed me the dishes from last nights dinner. I grabbed the rag and started to dry.

" now that we're almost done cleaning last nights mess, where are we off to today ?" Asked Amy.

I placed another dish into the cabinet. " To sleep " I giggled.

"It's three in the afternoon, on a Saturday, no ones going to sleep" she passed me another dish.

"Honestly, I didn't even know that we were able to leave this place." I admitted.

" were not prisoners Sarah" she laughed " We are  free to go out on Weekends but we have to be back no later then six. Oh and under no circumstances can we do anything illegal " she added.

" I wasn't planning to" I said as she passed me another plate.

She formed an O shape with her mouth.

" wait were you planning to, oh lord"

"No I'm joking " she laughed. " I'm not that party girl anymore, I've learned and I've grew up. Partying Doesn't solve problems " she handed me her last dish and turned off the faucet. I nodded in agreement.

" I was thinking that maybe we'd head to the diner and have some shakes, since all they feed us here is nutritional , heart healthy crap. " she leaned on the sink, and waited for my response.

Even if I wanted to go I didn't have any money. I wouldn't be able to afford anything in that place

" I'm sorry but I can't" I closed the cabinets and tossed the rag on the counter. I started to walk out the kitchen.

" why not" she followed close behind me.

" I have no money Amy" I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

" I have money saved up I'll pay for you" I shook my head no.

" no I'm not letting you waist your money on me" I sighed.

" please just this once. You can pay me back " she pleaded

" where am I supposed to pull money out of, My ass?" I stated sarcastically. She let out a chuckle.

" let's just go"

I let out a deep breath. " fine to get you to shut up I'll go but I'm not ordering anything"

Her face lit up with excitement and she grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs. " let's go get ready"

She let me go once we got up the stairs to the room.

" I have to get super cute there's so many hot guys hanging at the diner" she stated happily.

I didn't share the same excitement as her. Maybe because to many things were clouding my mind or maybe because my mind kept reverting to one person. A female.

" Does Raven you know , hang around over there" I couldn't stop the words from flowing out of my mouth.

Amy was to excited to really really pay any mind to what I had just said. she was running around trying to figure out what she was going to put on.

" um I don't think so, I usually see her walking from the house with some guys, I think there friends she grew up with. I really don't know"

I nodded my head and grabbed my bad. I zipped it open and started to look through it.

I didn't really have anything that yelled ' Go out '. When I packed I just threw random things inside. I was to upset.