Outside, Twelve Tonight

Chapter 7: Outside, Twelve Tonight

                   We're all a sucker for somebody.

____________________________________

Dear Diary

I haven't stepped outside of the room. I feel embarrassed, I feel like an idiot. My first group and I had a complete mental breakdown in front of everyone. I was there telling myself that I wouldn't open up and just like that my actions told everyone what was really going on with me.

That flashback felt so real though.
It was so vivid. So true.

____________________________________

I tapped my pencil on the book repeatedly. I was in the room alone. Amy has not once came inside. I don't blame her though.

I probably wouldn't either.

I was sat criss cross on the bed. My diary was on my lap. I grabbed the sheets and wrapped them around me. I heard footsteps approach me and I looked up towards the door. It was Raven. She had a plastic plate in her hand. She walked towards me, for some reason I couldn't speak, words wouldn't come out. I was stuck.

" Mrs. Jefferson asked me to bring this plate up for you, she says that it's alright you eat up here tonight"

I gave her a small smile.

" thank you " my voice barely came out.

" Don't feel bad or embarrassed about what happened " she said. She still didn't hand me the plate. I looked around the room not knowing where to rest my eyes, for some reason I couldn't look directly at her. " you guys probably think I'm a freak " I looked at her then back down.

" Nah I don't think your one " I heard her set the plate on the drawer next to my bed. I slowly looked up at the drawer it and there laid next to the plate was a folded piece of paper. I grabbed it and slowly unfolded it. It had the words "Outside, twelve tonight" written on it. I looked back up and she was gone.

I folded the paper back again and placed it in my diary.

Why would she want me to be outside tonight?

I heard footsteps once again so I snapped my head back up but it wasn't who I was hoping for. It was Amy.

Her eyes met mine and she stopped slowly in her tracks, you could tell she felt awkward. " just coming In to grab my book" she pointed at her desk.

" Amy it's your room to, you don't have to tell me" I grabbed my plate from the drawer.

" I know I just thought that maybe you wanted to be alone" she grabbed her book and placed it on her chest, wrapping her arms around it.

I passed my fork through the broccoli on my plate. " you know just be honest and say the real reason why you don't want to be In here" I looked up

" that's the real reason " she fidgeted around. I didn't believe that not even a bit. She felt awkward being around me, I could tell.

"Whatever " I whispered.

I heard footsteps so I lifted my head.