AfterMath

Chapter 9: AfterMath

    I am convinced that different people bring out different sides of you

                                  -A source from Twitter

____________________________________

I stretched a bit and sat up rubbing my eyes. A familiar pain tiptoed it's way into my head. The pain was sharp so I placed my hand on my forehead and slowly massaged it. This is the aftermath of all my crying I guess you can say. " finally up?"

I continued to rub my head. "Sadly" I scoffed.

I've haven't slept this good since before the car accident. Sleep is actually great when you think about it. When your asleep it's like all the pain you ever had just disappears. Your in this dark deep slumber where not even the slightest thing can bug you. Sometimes I wonder if that's exactly what happens when a person passes away. If all their left with is a peaceful darkness.

"I honestly didn't even notice that I fell asleep" I pinched the bridge of my nose softly.

" yea one minute you were balling your eyes out, the next you were knocked out"  she placed both her hands behind her head.

" Yea my eyes burn " I giggled.

I laid my head on the upper part of her arm. I felt so comfortable here, she gave me this warmth, like I belonged here.

" by the way I'm sorry that I just rushed in here and attacked you with my problems" I sighed.

" nah it's cool, I know how it feels to need someone. "

Not me. Not until now. I wasn't one to tell people my problems. I never did feen for attention. I was the write it in my diary and keep it to myself type of Gal. My diary was my go to. It was my therapist, the imaginary person I tell all my problems to. The thing that I go to when I feel the most vulnerable.

Other then that I honestly like to handle and get through things on my own, but for some reason when it came to Raven, the words just slipped out of me. It's ironic because we just met. I never felt this open with anyone not even my parents. They tried so hard to get me to open up about certain things, but I never did. Maybe I feel comfortable with her because she shared a story so deep with me. A story when she was at her lowest point. She shared that story with me just to get my mindset to a better place and that means a lot.

My body led me here. I didn't for one second think about it. I just acted out.

" hey you alright" I could hear her head shift down, above mine. She was trying to look at me so
I sat up "yeah, just thinking" she didn't respond though.

I watched how her eyes slowly roamed from my face down to my chest.

I started to become uneasy. I didn't know where to place my eyes. I didn't know if it was the right moment to speak or not. I felt the nervousness slip up in me. The way a introverted person feels when they have to do a presentation at school. Every single pair of eyes on them, making them feel anxious and tense.

Her eyes slowly roamed back up and met mine.

" what are you thinking about? " her voice was low, but high enough for me to hear every word that just came out of her mouth. she sat up slowly.
Her eyes still on mine. " uh.. " she scooted closer " um.. " Her face was close enough to the point where I could feel her breath. I swallowed the small lump in my throat.

I felt stuck. Every part of my body urging me to move closer.

Her eyes roamed again but this time they stopped at my lips. I did the same.

Her lips looked so soft. I leaned in a bit closer. I couldn't stop myself, I didn't want to. My lips were calling out to hers, feening for her to make the first move.

I felt the tip of her nose sweep past mine. I softly closed my eyes, feeling her lips very slowly brush against mine. Every inch that her lips touched left a small tingling sensation. She was teasing me and My body wanted more.

I bit my bottom lip and very slowly started to lean in.

" Raven! " there was a small knock on the door.

I pulled away.

Awkward.

Very Very Awkward.

The knock came again.

" I .. uh should get going be-before we uh get in any trouble " I so dumbly stumbled over my words.

She let out a awkward cough and scratched the back of her head " uh. Yeah ok " I got up from the bed and walked over to the door opening it. Amy was standing there.

Her face held an expression of shock, like she had just caught us doing something " sorry just getting everyone downstairs for dinner " her lips formed a line. I nodded and walked past her.

Not because I didn't want to talk to her but because I could feel ravens gaze burning holes through my back.