They Can't !

Chapter 8: They Can't !

____________________________________

Im a bit nervous. Mrs.jefferson got a call from Sonia earlier  today. Sonia told her that she was coming in today to see how I was doing.

I'm hoping that she's not only here to check up on me but also to give me an update on visitation with my brother. I've haven't seen him since I left the hospital and I really miss the little bug.

Sometimes I wonder though, what is it that he's doing at the moment you know. I'm so use to seeing his little face everyday. That not seeing him is something I have to get use to.

I miss playing with him and hearing the same cartoons play over and over in the living room. I would always get so mad cause I'd always end up stepping on one of his toys at night. Those little hard shits are actually dangerous. They hurt like hell if you step on them barefooted.

I still hate myself for putting him in so much pain. He may not notice it now, but he will one day. I'm afraid that he'll hate me for it once he starts understanding. Im afraid that once he gets older he'll push me away.

" Sarah. Sonia's here" I placed my diary on top of the drawer next to my bed.

" I'll be right down thanks Audrey " she gave me a small grin then walked off.

I took a deep breath then headed out the room door and down the steps. I approached the living room. Sonia was sitting on one of the couches. She had on her pencil skirt and her button up white collared shirt and her black heels.

My lord is that the only thing her job allows her to wear? It's only my second time seeing her and I'm already tired of the outfit.

She was sat with her legs together and a folder on top of her lap. I went to go sit next to her. " hi Sarah " she grinned. " hello " I responded.

"How are you ?" she looked at me
" I'm ok "

" and how are you liking it here " she put on a pair of black glasses and opened her folder.

" work in progress" was all I said. I don't want small talk this isn't therapy , I just want to know about my brother.

" everyone's treating you well" she asked

" yes " I said

" so anything on my brother? " I asked quickly, before she was able to ask another question.

She looked up at me then took off her glasses.
" I was going to get to that " she closed her folder " but since you asked, Yes there's something"

" you won't be to happy about this " I looked at her in a way that I was urging her to hurry up and say it"

"the couple that adopted him, doesn't want visitation" she sighed

I chuckled a bit. "Your definitely lying to me right now. "

" you must be lying"

" They feel that you still being in his life, will corrupt their relationship with him " I stood up

" I'm his sister, how can I corrupt anything!" I shouted

" they can't do that " I could feel the anger build up inside me.

" they are legally his parents now Sarah and if they don't authorize you to see him then we must abide by that"  she said calmly.

" I don't give ah shit about their authorization. I need to see him "

" Sarah calm down and sit" she stayed calm. Not once did she show any sign of how she felt.

I guess since it's her job she has to keep her professional exterior.

" no. you told me that you'd try your best " I pointed out.

" and I did Sarah"

" bullshit ! " my voice was loud but I didn't care. Anger was roaming through my body. I paced back and forth.

" Sit down and we'll talk about this like adults Sarah"

" can you please at least give me their address so that I can try talking to them myself "  I pleaded.

"Maybe they just need to hear from me to see that I'm not all bad "

"please" I repeated. I was desperate now.

" I'm sorry but I can't do that " she apologized.

" stop apologizing okay. Just stop" I walked away. I didn't want to hear anymore.

I heard her call my name but I kept going. I felt the tears build up in my eyes. I felt my bottom lip start to shake.

I ran up the stairs.

I sped walked to the room and opened the door.

" Sarah what's wrong? "Her face held a concerned expression.

" th-their taking my brother away from me" I choked out

" and theirs nothing I can do about it.. nothing " 

" Come here " Raven engulfed me in a hug and just like that my anger faded. She gave me this feeling of warmth, the feeling that nothing bad was ever going to happen in my life anymore as long as she was right next to me.