10. Keep Your Friends Close

Hanna takes a deep breath, before starting to speak,"Okay, I need to ask you guys something and you need to be totally honest with me."

"Of course Han," I reassure. Not knowing what is coming. With Hanna it can be anything.

"Is this side of my face fatter than this side?" She asks, turning her head from side to side.

Laugher starts to bubble up in my chest, at the utter ridiculousness of the question. I am the only one in the group that finds it humorous, okay maybe not. I see my sister fighting the urge to laugh by pretending to be serious.

The others squint their eyes, surveying Hanna's face before they all came to the same conclusion. "No," they chorus.

Hanna sees my face and she looks at me seriously, "What about you Alyssa?" she asks.

I push down the giggles as I look at Hanna. I do the same as the others and just see flawless skin, big blue eyes that are framed by long thick lashes. The only thing wrong I can see is a tiny clump of mascara on her left eyelash.

"Nah. Your good," I reassure, "You do have a tiny clump of mascara though."

"Where?" She panics, hating to look anything less than perfect. Trying to maintain the carefully crafted image her and Mona created last summer.

Aria's face morphs into a frown as she sees someone down the corridor. It's not good when my light-hearted sister frowns at you. Not as bad as me mind you.

"Is that Ian?" she asks, disgust evident in her voice.

We all turn and see Ian shake hands with a student. I don't know why but he always put me on edge. Unlike Toby, who was accused by Alison for doing it, I have seen Ian lurking outside peoples bedroom windows. Not to mention he kissed Spencer when he was meant to be dating her older sister. Yes Spencer told me about that. Melissa Hastings cannot catch a guy that doesn't prefer Spencer, that's kind of sad.

Because of this my philosophy is; Ian Thomas is a snake.

"Yeah. I hear that he's the new field hockey coach," Emily comments.

"Does Melissa know he's back?" I ask Spence.

"I don't know why she ever broke up with him."

Oh I do.

"She didn't. He broke up with her," Spencer says, before returning to her notes.

Mona chose that moment to walk up to us, interrupting any conversation we could have as we direct our attention to her. Her hands are grasping onto some envelopes, each decorated with a yellow ribbon.

"Hey," she greets, her pink glossy lips stretched into a massive grin. "The first one's for my bestie," she says handing Hanna an over the top envelope," and one for each of you, my bestie's other friends."

She hands us each an extravagant envelope. The shiny, slippy paper near causing me to drop it. It was an invite to something called Camp Mona. Wait.. it's Mona's birthday in two days.

"Oh, uh...what's this?" Aria asks.

"Oh, nothing. Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever Camp Mona."