twenty four

2009

The boardwalk has never looked to naked to Aries. Some of the shops are still there, but most of them have been turned into clothing shops and souvenir stores. It's a real shame to her. If she hadn't known better, she would say Santa Carla has lost its touch, but the vibration of life and familiarity buzzes in her.

She feels like she's at home.

After she and Beth had left 22 years ago, they settled in at a small house about 5 hours south of Santa Carla. Beth had 2 boys, which neither of them expected. But they grew up with a single mom, and Aries helped out a lot with them.

Aries herself had twin boys. Ethan and Grayson are from a very brief boyfriend, a guy that had strength in his features, dark hair and tan skin. Some might even say she has a type, and she honestly can't blame them.

Her boys are out doing their own thing, unlike Beth who is still probably hovering around her own sons, and with them being 18, she doesn't suspect she'll seen them until they head back to the hotel for a long night of sleep. She just hopes they don't do anything stupid like Beth's boys are prone to do.

She really didn't plan on coming back, not after what had happened. But, Beth mentioned that Logan really wanted to meet his dad, and even though she and Aries both knew he would never realistically know Paul, they took it as an excuse to go back. Even if it was just for a few days.

She didn't have the best feeling when she first arrived, but now as she nears closer to what once was her work place, it's like she's back in 1987.

The doors haven't changed, matter of fact the only things that has changed is tape shelves are now filled with DVD cases. It's strange, but even that can't down the feelings Aries is having.

There's a few couples looking at horror movies, and it makes her smile. She used to help people just like them, pick out the best movie to make them scream. Maybe she should get a movie to watch with Beth and their boys tonight. They usually have fun watching Ethan and Grayson get freaked out by classic horror flicks while Jake and Logan cheer on the murders.

There's a guy behind the counter with his head down, probably sorting returned movie cases if his rummaging is anything to go by. She remembers that getting on her nerves. She sympathizes.

She taps on the counter.

"I'll be right with you."

He closes the case and stands up straight, and before Aries can prepare herself, she's face to face with Dwayne. Their eyes connect and she's suddenly froze to her spot, and she doesn't remember him being so tall. Or wearing that much clothes.

Sadly, the only thing that comes out of her mouth is, "Oh my God, you cut your hair!"

It's true. The once long, raven locks are now cut short, and while he doesn't look bad, it's just not he usual Dwayne she's used to.

"And, I see you still look just as beautiful as you did all those years ago."

Aries smiles big, and looks down to avoid Dwayne seeing the tears gathering in her eyes. She gently wipes at the corner of her eyes before looking up again.

"Even after all these years, you're too charming for your own good."

He laughs lightly, and pushes some stray piece of hair behind his ear. He doesn't look any different from before, and it should shock her, but it doesn't. She knows.

"I'm about to get off if you want to talk, or hang out."

She nods. "Yeah, yeah. That sounds good."

He grabs his coat from the chair behind the counter, and makes a hand gesture to someone helping a couple find a movie. He comes around the counter and joins Aries before they're out the door.

There's a few girls looking at him, and the looks are not even subtle. It pisses her off and reminds her of their date (was it even a date?). Instead of her pulling Dwayne, he pulls her until she's flush to him, and the scoffs of the younger girls are like music to her ears.

"Ice cream?"

She nods. "Ice cream."

(A/N: don't ask me why I made Aries have the Dolan twins as her sons. It just made more sense Beth has Logan and Jake Paul as her sons.)

)