twelve

"They put too much on this cone."

Aries is trying and failing to eat her ice cream cone before it gets too melted. It's already gotten on her face, and Dwayne wiped it off with some napkins. Not to mention she was mortified when he first told her she had vanilla on her chin.

She hates embarrassing herself.

"You shouldn't have gotten the waffle cone, the sugar cone is smaller."

Aries smiles, her eyes glancing around to see some girls looking directly at Dwayne. She doesn't like the way they're looking, either.

Without thinking, Aries loops her free arm with his and basically drags him until he's flush to her body. The girls seem to get the idea. They kindly roll their eyes before walking off, heads high as if they weren't just drooling for Dwayne.

"You getting comfortable?"

Aries pushes herself off of him, avoiding eye contact. God, why does she have to be such a man?

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that."

Dwayne smile. "It's fine, I would've done the same thing if some guys had looked at you."

Aries's unsure look fades into a smug smile, sliding back to Dwayne. "Well, if you're so sure, you mind helping me finish this cone?"

Without batting an eye, Dwayne leans down and licks a long stripe on the running ice cream, never breaking the eye contact with Aries. Her own eyes are locked and her mouth is slightly agape.

She swallows. "Thanks."