sixteen

It's only 3 in the afternoon and Aries is already yearning to see Dwayne again.

The previous night the guys stayed over. While Beth and Paul occupied the couch, Aries let Dwayne sleep in her bottom bunk, and she slept on the top. The thought of seeing him in the morning with messy hair was intriguing, but it that was crushed when she woke up and neither guys were to be found.

According to Beth, Paul likes to leave early in the morning, which sends up red flags in Aries head. She sometimes feels bad about the way she's allowing Paul to do her friend. But, on the other hand, she's never seen Beth happier.

It's a win-lose situation.

Beth comes rolling in on her skates, narrowly missing shelves of video tapes. Her hair is pulled back into 2 buns on both sides of her hair, and Aries briefly wonders how she let her out of the apartment looking like that.

"There any particular reason you keep wearing those things in here?"

Beth makes a face. "Dude, Max doesn't even come in until late. Calm down."

Aries doesn't budge. "Yeah, but Lucy is. And as much as I like her, she's not exactly the most lenient woman."

She jerks her thumb behind her to the woman with short hair and a nice outfit. She's helping a pair of little girls look for a cartoon tape.

"Her name is Lucy?"

Aries nods. "Yeah, and apparently she and Max have a thing going."

Beth squints her eyes and makes a face. "That's... sweet? Anyways, that's not what I came for. Aaron and Tyler were talking about a fire down at the beach tonight, and said me and you could go. We just got to bring some booze."

"What about the guys?"

Beth rolls so she's behind the counter now. "I found a note this morning. Paul wrote they had plans. Please, Aries?"

Aries sighs, leaning on her elbows. It would be really nice to see Aaron and Tyler again. They always get really messed up when they hang with those guys. Plus, with Dwayne and Paul not being around, Aries can easily see themselves getting very bored.

"I guess, man. You'll have to get the booze since you volunteered."

"I didn't–"

Beth's eyes and mouth go wide.

"Oh, I see what you did there!"

Aries holds back a laugh. "Shut up, and go get the stuff."