nine

Beth's arm is hanging over the side of the top bunk like a heavy weight. If Aries wasn't almost asleep, she would've been concerned about her friend being hurt.

"Paul's an ass."

"Yeah, I noticed."

The bunk bed moves and suddenly Beth is falling from the top bed. She groans, curling up on her side. Aries is too damn tired to be dealing with Beth's drunk ass.

"Beth, get up here."

She sits up, her mouth turned in a pout. "I want Paul, dude."

"You'll see him tomorrow, just get up here and go to sleep."

Aries only has to ask Beth 3 more times before she finally climbs back to her bunk, this time fully going to sleep. Aries can tell by the snores.

Laying on her side, she closes her eyes, thinking.

Dwayne is really beginning to grow on her. Between the bike rides, she's finding herself wanting to just be close to him again, to talk to him, know all she can about him.

Not to sound creepy.

Aries can't remember the last time she was like this about someone. It's been a while, with her job really beginning to pay and Beth finally being able to keep a job, everything's been looking up for the better.

Dwayne is just the icing on the cake.

She smiles and finally drifts to sleep.