seventeen

The path to the beach is so ridiculously long it makes Aries wish she had just stayed at the boardwalk. She's already downed a few shots at the apartment while getting changed, and she might of drunk a beer while Beth went to the store to get more alcohol.

So, yeah, Aries is a little loopy.

Beth isn't too far from that. She's singing and dancing to a Def Leppard song, Aries thinks it Foolin' but she can't tell from the mumbled parts. She thinks the only reason she likes the song is because it's literally her relationship with Paul, and plus, David Coverdale's hair reminds her of him.

"Sing me some Beach Boys, Beth!"

The blonde begins singing the chorus of Wouldn't It Be Nice, so off key and Aries can't help but laugh at her. Beth is just spinning in small circles even as she continues to walk forward, the cases of beer spinning with her.

It seems to be a good night for them, considering they've got booze and a party.

Until a scream makes them both stop.

Beth is practically froze in her spot, she drops one of the cases. Aries doesn't blame her, she can't even find the footing to move, either.

"A-Aries..."

She waves a hand. "Shhh."

Aries hesitantly takes a few steps, glancing over the sand hills. The fire casts a blaze of light over her eyes, but even that isn't enough to hide what was unfolding before her.

Aaron, Tyler and their friends were being torn apart, limbs flying and screams echoing. Blood was basically everywhere, in the sand and in the fire, it makes Aries stomach crawl.

Wait.

Is that– oh God.

That's Dwayne, and that's Paul.

They're ripping the guys in pieces all the while laughing and biting into their flesh. Their faces aren't even their faces, and she can barely stand to look at the demonic faces of the guys she was so familiar with.

Aries barely registers Beth's body bumping into hers, and just as soon as the blonde girl looks, she empties her stomach on the ground.

"C'mon, Beth... Beth! C'mon!"

She yanks Beth, dropping the booze and they take off running in the direction they came.

They're lucky they made it to their apartment in one piece.