two

"Are you serious? You bought a trunk?"

"We needed a coffee table!"

If there currently wasn't a heavy trunk her in arms, Aries would have surely hit Beth upside the head. She dragged her into a antique shop, promising she wasn't going to buy anything. And here they are, gasping for breath as they lug a metal trunk around. As if this is how Aires wanted to end her Friday night.

"If you thought we could carry this all the into town, you're freaking crazy, Beth. My arms will fall off."

Beth sighed. "Well, if you would've let me buy that little wagon we wouldn't be in this situation now would we?"

Aries stops in her tracks, yanking Beth back a few steps as the roar of a bike pulls up behind them. And what a shocker, bird nest is here.

"Paul!"

Beth drops her side of trunk, sending a ding through the air. All the sudden she's a blushing wreck. Aries, already knowing where this is going, drops her side as well.

"You need some help there, baby?"

Just the sound of his voice irritates Aries. It's like a cat on crack. He's even dressed like an idiot. Who wears white jeans that are literally as tight as skin?

"Uh, actually, yes. Think you might be able to haul this trunk for me?"

Paul (what?) glances at the trunk before his mouth turns into a deep smirk. He steps off the bike and takes the side that Beth dropped, weighing it. He makes a face and drops the side, making Aries blow out a heated breath.

These damn blondes infuriate her.

"I guess I could load it up. I have to get a rope, though."

"Think you could wait a few minutes? I'll go buy some.

Paul makes a face. "Yeah, just hurry."

Beth runs to the nearest bait shop, and returns with rope barely a minute later. Aries has never seen Beth run that fast for a guy. Especially an idiot like this Paul dude.

They somehow, and magically, are able to strap down the metal trunk as another bike is pulling up, but this time without a blonde.

Aries looks him up and down and raises her eyebrows. Hot damn son, you're fine.

"Beth, you gonna ride with Dwayne?"

Beth shakes her head, and opens the lid of the trunk before pulling out her skates that she put away when she first purchased it minutes ago. "I figured I'd just skate behind you, and Aries ride with Dwayne?"

Aries raises her shoulders. She doesn't care, she's just ready to have this stupid trunk home so she and Beth can get back to the boardwalk and find some party animals.

"Sure, I guess."

Paul starts up his bike, looking back and waiting for Beth to finish with her skates. It bothers Aries that he's not looking at Beth in adoration like Beth has done many times before. It's like a hunger in his eyes.

Aries climbs into the bike with the brunette (Dwayne?) as soon as Beth gets on her feet and grabs the rope. She's only doing it to impress Paul.

Horrible.

"You ready?"

"Yeah! C'mon!"

And they're off.