Chapter 31

I woke up the next morning feeling more rested than I had felt in a long amount of time. My face was pressed against something warm. Something very warm and hard but oddly comfortable.

Did I get to bed last night? I thought as I shifted around. To answer my own question, yes I did get to bed. I could feel the sheets from underneath my body. But I didn't get to bed alone.

That warm, hard, comfortable thing was Declan's abs and his arms had wrapped themselves around me in a confined position. I almost yelped as I caught the designs of his dark shirt so close to my face. When I finally noticed the position we were in, I relaxed and allowed his embrace to comfort me. I missed having him this close to me. I missed his warmth and the way I fit perfectly into his arms. I missed him.

The heat radiating from his hold was soothing and inviting. The heavy sparks between us had slightly dimmed from the distance we had for weeks but now they were slowly growing again. I wanted to trap this moment and keep it alive for the rest of my life because this much peace after lengths of turmoil was relieving.

"Well, well, well." two voices spoke in unison by the doorway.

My eyes widened, partly because I didn't expect anyone to be in the room and partly because I hadn't heard those two voices interacting in a friendly manner in such a long time. I bolted upwards causing Declan to shift next to me. From the corner of my eyes I saw him turn to the other side but mostly I was fixated on the two blondes at the doorway.

"Angela," I murmured watching my best friend and then I turned my head to address the guy next to her "Aiden?"

Aiden rolled his eyes "No, SpongeBob and Patrick?"

"Who else?" added Ang with a sarcastic smirk.

Normally I would've just rolled my eyes at them but it was so long since I last saw the two together that I stared, dumbfounded. I could feel my eyes widening in size and my jaw dropping to the floor. They were actually together, joking like they used to. Aiden didn't even look the slightest upset. Quite the contrary, his eyes held a peacefulness that I hadn't seen in a long time.

Their smiles faltered a little as they took in my gaze of utter shock and after another minute, they started to get annoyed. "Geez, why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer." Angela stated while looking rather annoyed and amused at the same time. The shock slowly drained from my mind and I ended up blushing while throwing them a meek "Shut up."

Aiden smirked "Ah, its rude to be hypocritical Lilly. I'm sure last night you two were doing anything but shutting up. Did it go something like this?" And then he made several kissing noises while throwing in the words Oh Lilly and Oh Declan.

Ang was trying to fight off laughter and failing miserably. If I was blushing at her stupid picture comment, imagine my face after that. I was beet red and the only thoughts I had were relating to how to murder Aiden without getting caught.

I grabbed my pillow and chucked it at his face as it was all puckered up. The pillow connected to my target with success and I started laughing as he sputtered out feathers while throwing it aside.

"Oh it's on," Aiden growled and grabbed the pillow to hit me. I wasn't fast enough to move out of the way and the pillow hit me square on the cheek. I glared at him and grabbed the nearest thing beside me to block him as he almost hit me again. Unfortunately the nearest thing was Declan.

Declan woke up startled as the cream colored pillow wacked him hard on the face. He jerked forward while I hid behind him and he looked around at Ang who was stifling giggles, me who was smiling behind him, and Aiden who was about ready to bolt out of the door.