Chapter 25

Lilly

Audrey. Her name meant noble strength.

And that's exactly what she was.

                When I was bullied she defended me. When I was hurting she would be the one to cushion the fall. If I had a test the next day. Even if I had one short hour to study for it, she would be there with an arm full of flashcards, notebooks, text, and highlighters. Somehow she would be able to cram enough info in my head to pass the exam. And when I say pass, I mean ace the freaking thing like I'd been studying for weeks.

                Audrey was a lot of things. Bold but reserved. Outgoing but quiet. Independent but well blended. Talented but modest. And most of all noble and strong.

So it was a heavy blow when I heard the words Audrey Jennings is missing.

                I thought she'd always be there. It felt surreal to think that she was gone. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

                And knowing there was most likely wolves involved was even scarier. All of my guesses about these rogue wolves have been so far correct so as much as I want this one to be wrong, I know it's not. I can feel it deep down in my gut.

Lying in bed, I tried to fall asleep but sleep refused to come. Mostly because my head was exploding with thought. And nothing I was thinking made any real sense. I had bits and pieces of a puzzle but not enough to be able to form a real picture.

I know that there is a rogue army being developed

I know the mastermind behind all of this must be immensely powerful.

I know that Jenna Soren is somehow involved.

I know that there's still more that I've been kept out of from my family.

I know Jason came here to support the pack.

And now I know that Audrey's gone missing because of everything.

                I wish all these things had some sort of correlation that would result in me having a revelation. No one wants to know the truth more than I do.......except maybe Alpha John.

My thoughts ran back to Audrey. Her confident smile, her red hair, and I take nothing from no one attitude. She was one of the strongest people I ever knew. She would've made one heck of a wolf.

Wherever she was, I hope her inner strength was enough to keep her alive.

                I wanted to read into the alpha files more but sleep overcame me and my eyes shut tightly before I could protest.

                The light was ahead of us and then I was thrown straight into a clearing. My eyes were modifying,, but I couldn't exactly tell what was making my vision so blurry. I had enough sight to see three people however all I could see were their outlines.

                One was a women with brown hair, another was a man slightly hunched over with hair that looked like it was graying, and finally was a man with similar hair color to the woman. The scary guy who dragged me in from behind started laughing "Look here Darron. I found your bloody spawn in the forest."

"Lilly," cried the man named Darron. I gasped " Daddy?"

I tried to walk towards him but the angry man took a hold of my collar again. I screamed as he yanked me upwards.

"NO!" cried the woman. I could recognize her voice so well "Mommy." I shouted although my voice was a bit strangled by the collar pressing against my throat. The man yanked on my shirt once more in an order of silence and I obeyed. "Make one more move brother," he cackled "and I'll make sure her death is long and painful."