Chapter 18

Angela

So one things for sure. Every person in this room probably had the same thought I did.

Holy Crap

                The word mate sent my body into a different world. Love, passion, affection, lust, jealousy, shock. I went absolutely haywire with emotion. The shock was so much that the box of frozen yogurt slipped out of my hands. I couldn’t believe I actually found my mate; the man who was meant to unconditionally love me and all my imperfections until the end of all time.

And damn was he perfect.

                His eyes were the most delicious color of chocolate brown. His hair had a windswept look that almost had me drooling. Through his dark shirt I could tell there was a set of washboard abs. If there could be anymore perfection put into one body I think I’d die from lust. I could feel my expression transform into a look of adoration and love. My mystery mate saw it and grinned at me making my insides melt even more. I needed to find out who he was and soon.

“Who are you?” I asked and then inwardly cringed. What a stupid question!

He chuckled; the love never escaping his eyes “I think I’m your mate.” Heavy sarcasm layered his voice.

No duh!! screamed my wolf Lola

My eyes flickered towards the floor in embarrassment “I mean what’s your name.” I heard the sound of a chair slightly scraping the floor and could feel him coming to me. Sure enough, a hand was placed under my chin and gently pushed my face so I could look into his eyes again. Sparks ignited my entire body as his skin came in contact with mine. I finally understood the mate attraction. Our pull would be so painful to ignore. It’s a mystery to me how my best friend was able to go through two weeks of being without her mate. How did she survive all that agony?

“Jason,” he said snapping me away from my thoughts and back into those beautiful pools of chocolate brown “ My name is Jason…….and what is yours little mate?”

I slightly frowned at the word little. Heaven knows I am anything but little or sweet. Messing with me would be as enjoyable as eating glass “Angela,” I said loud and clear “ and don’t call me little.”

He laughed and only then did I notice how close we were. If I just moved a fraction of an inch I would feel his full, lovely lips exploring mine. Jason seemed to notice this as well and zeroed his gaze on my lips. His eyes darkened the sight of them.

All I wanted to do was to eliminate the space between us and kiss him senseless. He wasn’t making it easy either. How could I say no to those heart melting eyes and Greek godish good looks? Why should I pull away from the intoxicating smell of peppermint and honey? He was mine after all.

I smiled a little smugly at that thought. He was mine and I was his. That’s how it’s always going to be.

Somehow I managed to pull away. Maybe the fact that we were in front of my family registered in my brain and allowed me the self-will to get some space. Thank god for that. Who knew how steamy it would get if I hadn’t stepped back. We might’ve even started…….erm……….exploring.

My gaze wandered to my family to find a very amusing reaction. Each mouth was open in shock. Lilly’s expression was by far, the most hilarious. Her eyes were the size of saucers and her eyebrows went practically up to the ceiling. Surprisingly, she was the first to speak.

“No freaking way. Jason you moron! You must’ve planned this,” she yelled while glaring at my mate. I was completely confused “You could’ve gotten any girl in the world but it had to be her. It had to be my best friend.”