Birthday | Dylan

Happy birthday Dylan O'brien. Thank you for the endless laughs.

 Thank you for the endless laughs

third person pov

Today was the day. August twenty-sixth, Dylan's birthday.

Y/N had been waiting for this day for exactly two months. She was ecstatic, waiting to see Dylan's face when she revealed his present she got him. Dylan was Y/N's bestfriend, so she figured someone as spectacular as Dylan should get a spectacular gift.

   A drum set.

Y/N had been scrolling mindlessly one day when she found the brand new set, and instantly thought of Dylan. She loved when Dylan told her about his band he used to play in, so she bought the set and has been storing it in her basement ever since.

Luckily for Y/N, everyone agreed to celebrate at her house - therefore she wouldn't have to transport the entire set.

  The clock read 5:08 p.m. Everyone was planning to arrive at 7. It was a small get together that consisted of Dylan, Y/N, Tyler, Holland, Shelley, Crystal, Thomas, Kaya and a few other friends. Nothing big.

  With two hours left before everyone decided to show up, Y/N invited Holland over to help her clean up.

  Y/N perked up at the sound of her doorbell and scurried over to open the door revealing Holland, gift in her right hand, purse in her left.

  "Thank god you're here." Y/N sighed and pulled her friend into a hug.

"Of course." Holland replied, "Although I don't see why you needed me, it's not like your house is that dirty."

"It's not exactly clean either." Y/N quirked an eyebrow towards the strawberry blonde.

  Holland playfully rolled her eyes and placed her purse and gift on Y/N kitchen table. The two girls walked into the living room and took a seat on the comfy sofa.

"So - what'd you get Dylan?" Holland raised her eyebrows, a slight smirk on her plump lips.

Y/N pursed her lips and picked at her nails. She wasn't sure if her expensive purchase was too much? Or a dead giveaway that she was crushing on her bestfriend.

"You first." Y/N played it off.

  "Two Mets hats and a shirt." Holland nodded in satisfaction. "I know he has several of both, but you know he's happy with anything Mets." She chuckled.

"I'm sure he'll love it." Y/N nodded.

Y/N remained silent as Holland waited for her to speak, telling her what gift she had gotten Dylan. Y/N loved the idea of the drum set, but was it too much?