Malibu | Stiles

This imagine is based off of Malibu by Miley Cyrus.

I was tagged by AnxietyModified
and I tag lolstiles -hollandrodens -saltystilinski- and -katherinapetrova

go to your music apps and press shuffle, write an imagine based on the first song you hear :)

Third person pov

  I never came to the beach, or stood by the ocean.
I never sat by the shore, under the sun with my feet in the sand.

  Y/N's life was owned by books and tests, Her entire existence behind a desk and aimed at one thing - college.

  Growing up with a strict father was hard enough, but it wasn't just the strictness of her father or the constant reminder to keep up her grades that upset her the most, it the constant dream of doing anything but that.

Y/N didn't grow up like other girls. She didn't get to enjoy the warm embrace of a father's hug, or an encouraging talk with her mother. She didn't get to feel the exhaustion after a sleepover with her girls, or the rush of nervousness on a first date.

Everything was strictly set on her goal for college, her father's goal for college. Y/N wanted to travel, explore and meet new people everyday.

  The only person she knew was her friend - Stiles Stilinski.

   "What's up, buttercup?" Stiles popped the 'p' and rested beside Y/N's locker after the bell to release school had just rung.

  Y/N scrunched her nose at the nickname and grabbed her two big chemistry books from her locker as she glanced to Stiles and chuckled.

  "Wanna do something today?" Stiles began walking beside Y/N out to her car, taking one of the heavy chemistry books from her hand to carry on his own.

"You know I can't." Y/N sighed and stared out at the cars in the parking lot, the sun reflecting off the shiny metal making Y/N squint her eyes.

"What about just to get ice cream?" Stiles questioned hopefully, to which Y/N responded with a raise of her brows, "Come on, it's hot and we only have two weeks of school left." Stiles attempted to persuade.

"Exactly, which is why I have to study before finals." Y/N recited the line she had said many times before, it was drilled in her DNA.

  Stiles and Y/N both knew she had studied enough for the entire school, but at this point she knew not to argue with her father. She knew that trying to get out of studying would only result in lots of yelling and the word, "disappointment."

"You know I would if I could." Y/N mumbled, loud enough for Stiles to hear but not so loud that it counted as her saying it out loud.