love/hate /Stuart

starryeyedturtle

[this request is asked to be written as Y/n]

y/n's pov

I walked down the hallway of Google, the only sound being my flats scuffing against the floor.

It was unusually quiet, which I'm guessing meant there was a meeting taking place somewhere in the building.

I took a familiar route to the room of Team Lyle. I reached the glass walls and noticed only Stuart Twombly sat on the couch.

Stuart Twombly

An incredibly smart, attractive intern at Google. Although his intelligence was no match for his sarcastic remarks. This boy hated me.

I had never done a single thing to him, in fact, I was actually nice to him, but that got me nowhere. The constant sarcasm and insults infuriated me. Why? was the recurring question that raced through my mind after every rude comment I received.

I snapped back to reality, back to realizing I had been scowling through the glass walls for the past two minutes. I had enough and decided now, when everyone was elsewhere, would be the best time to confront Stuart.

I pushed open the door, tossing my bag on the nearest object.

"Look who's here? Yay." Stuart remarked, although his voice and body language lacked all the excitement his words were meant to embrace.

"Enough with the smart ass remarks!" I snapped. I figured I had grabbed his attention once his attention was now on me instead of his phone and took it as a invitation to continue.

"I don't know what it is I did to you, actually I know I haven't done anything to you, but that's not the point. Look, I've walked on thin ice around you the entire summer looking for any chance I can get to avoid a sarcastic comment or insult from you. I know that whatever reason you're like this is probably a good one because no one is naturally a bitch, but for the love of god please Stuart, enlighten me on why I am the one you chose to insult the entire summer?" I took a large breath after my outburst and crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for a response.

Stuart only stood silent almost as if he were choking on a reply he couldn't quite build together. He opened his mouth for a second yet nothing came out.

"I don't hate you." he managed to get out, although it wasn't exactly the response I was looking for.

"That doesn't answer my question." I stood my ground as my fingers ran through my hair frustratedly.

"Y/n, I-" He began to speak, but yet another angry outburst took over me.

"What Stuart? you what?" I waited for his response but got none in return, only the same choking for a decent reply.

Stuart closed his mouth and sighed of defeat, which only pissed me off more. I let out a sigh and pick up my bag I recently tossed and turned towards the door.

"Honestly Stuart, I thought you were a pretty cool guy, a really cute one might I add - but no amount of coolness or cuteness will overrule your infamous sarcastic remarks, isn't that what you want though?" With that I walked away not caring that the door had almost slammed behind me.

Although I felt accomplished to confront Stuart, seeing him speechless, trapped almost, made me realize I was just as bad as him. I pushed away my thoughts and continued on, already exhausted from a short days work of yelling.

~

As I made it to my car I began to hear a patter of footsteps behind me. I turned around spotting Stuart immediately.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

He didn't reply, but continued walking towards me.

"Stuart?" I spoke up again, confused.

He finally reached me and swiftly placed our lips together. As much as I didn't want to like it, I did. I enjoyed kissing Stuart, that's why I let it go on before reacting shocked and taken back.  I pulled back looking to Stuart's brown eyes.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask.

"Look I'm sorry for everything I've ever said to you, to anyone. But after that, back there - god y/n I like you, alot actually - and I don't know exactly why I expressed it through rude comments but I did and I'm sorry. I just-"

Tired of his stumbling, I placed my lips back onto his and started yet another amazing kiss neither of us wanted to pull away from.

"Can I take you on a date?" Stuart spoke up out of pure confidence.

"Sure, just be sure to leave the rude comments at home." I joked.

Stuart chuckled and kissed me again.

---------------------------------
starryeyedturtle I hope you liked it, and I am extremely sorry for the wait.