Wedding Details

When Christmas ended and New Years passed, my wedding plans kicked into high gear. Every day was something new, but it always had to do with the wedding. It was actually quite exhausting and now that I wasn’t in school anymore—there was nothing holding Anne and Kate back from dragging me anywhere.

            Sokolav wanted the wedding in the church where Christmas was held and he said he wouldn’t have it anywhere else. I didn’t really mind, but it was frustrating that my ideas were limited. I would only have one wedding and I wanted it to be perfect.

            “Estelle! Come.” I snapped my head from looking out the window of the store and walked back over to the group of girls. Loraine, Ronnie, Kate, Anne, Alena and a few others were with me. We were in a dress shop in Moscow. I tried on at least four so far and it took me ten minutes to get into each one on. I was tired and very hungry. It wasn’t fair—all Will had to do was put on pants and a jacket. Nothing hard about that.

            “Alright, now do a little spin.” I roll my eyes but do as I am told. After, I put my hands on my hips. There was no way in hell I would wear this on my wedding day.

            “I like it.” Kate says and other girls murmur in agreement. Ronnie looks a little pale—yeah I hated the dress too. I shook my head.

            “No. It looks stupid and I hate the ruffles at the bottom.” I state. Kate and Anne make a face at me and I sigh. I didn’t want to go all bride-crazy on them, but this was MY wedding.

            “I’ll get a few more gowns to try on.” The employee told Anne in Russian. She nodded and smiled before letting out an aggravated sigh.

            “Did you want a white dress?” Ronnie asks getting up and fingering the ugly dress I was wearing. I shrugged my shoulders.

            “As long as I like it, it doesn’t matter.” I tell her. She smiles at me, but unlike her, everyone else is annoyed.

            “No, Estelle will have a traditional white wedding gown.” Kate says giving me a stern look. I flapped my arms in anger and looked down at my hideous dress. This day was suppose to be fun, but I could feel the tension in the room. The full moon was tomorrow and everyone was on edge.

            “This is my wedding damn it! I will choose what I want.” I snap at everyone. Kate is momentarily stunned but her face then turns into a scowl. The very scared sales associate comes back with one covered gown in hand. I follow her into the dressing room. She hangs the dress on the hook. I wipe my eyes to keep from crying. I found out that the full moon made me feel like I was on my period. I was either crying or extremely angry.

            “There, there.” The redheaded woman patted my back gently. I smile weakly at her. “Now, I think you and your family will love this dress. It will suit you wondrously. It is one of a kind.” I nod. Maybe I should trust her judgment. Anne and Kate had handpicked all the other ones.

            I let the woman help me out of the dress I was currently in and into the new one she got me. Before putting it on, I knew that I wanted it. I didn’t know if other brides ever has this experience, but the dress called to me. It was beautiful and I gasped when I looked in the mirror. Even with my matted hair in a bun, I looked beautiful in it. I wouldn’t change a thing about it, but I know my mother wouldn’t be a fan of the short sleeves. After everything is zipped and buttoned, I head out into the room. Another bridal group arrived and their eyes trained on me. I felt like I was glowing from the inside out. A smile came across Anne’s face. The sales associate stepped away with a grin. Ronnie smiled and it seemed that everyone liked the dress. I loved it.