Burn Baby Burn

THIS ONE GETS PRETTY INTENSE AT THE END...BE PREPARED! Enjoy!

           Will and I spend the day in town. Will just shows me around. He tells me that after today this town would become my home. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that soon it wouldn’t be either of ours. The town of Blue River is really nice and very cute—I saw the high school. It seemed state of the art and that was probably because it was the only school in the area.

            When I get home, Owen and Anne are waiting for me. It was just past five and I was not looking forward to this conversation. Will looks confused when Owen beckons me to his study. I take a seat across from Owens desk while Anne and Will sit in the background. Owen looks tired and stressed and he had every right to be. How he was going to successfully move an entire pack of wolves was a mystery to me.

            “I met with the Senate. They all came to a unanimous agreement.” He pauses and looks at Anne briefly. “They want you to stay and—become part of the pack.” Owen says and I am not surprised when he makes a face while saying it.

            “Really?” I say with a smile. Owen nods and Will gives my shoulder I quick squeeze. I feared being rejected by Owen the most but now that I was apart of the pack—that fear is diminished.

            “Yes, yes. Now on to more urgent matters.” Owen says. I nod because it is true. The safety of the pack was more important than me becoming a new member.

            “So Michael told you?” I ask. Owen nods and he sits down and places his hands on the desk.

            “What is going on?” Will pipes up behind me. Owen ignores him completely and keeps his eyes trained on me.

            “How long do we have until they come?” I look down at my hands. They saw me today and I knew it. I had no doubt about it. I figured we had a couple of days at best. I would have to wait and see if I had the dream tonight or not.

            “It’s hard to say. A couple of days is my guess. I have to wait and see until I dream about it.” I say and Owen nods.

            “Estelle—what…” Will starts but he stops when Owen interrupts him.

            “Hush Will!” He commands. Will does as he is told.

            “I suggest you start making plans to leave immediately. As soon as I wake—I will let you know. If I do have the same dream, it will be good news.” I say and Owen nods. He is trying so hard to not glare at me. He thinks this is my entire fault—I can read the look in his eyes and his expression. I was almost positive he didn’t want me in this pack at all.

            “Very well. Anne, call for Michael. Will stay. Estelle, you may go.” I nod and Will gives me a look of betrayal. I was told to not tell Will. I wasn’t going to defy Michael. I leave and go upstairs. I notice that there are more pack members around than usual. They all look at me and growl at me and I wonder if it has to do with the full moon.

            “Back off!” Ronnie hisses and they all step away from me. I was surprised to hear such a tone in her voice. She grabbed my shoulder and practically dragged me up to her own room. It was green but all her furniture was white. I liked all the earth tones in it.

            She takes a deep breath and sits on her bed. She looks so flustered and just not like herself. I put my hands in my lap and play with my thumb.