Right In Plain Sight

“I thought I made myself clear? I wanted my daughter back!” my father yells in a rage. He is outside of his house and he is speaking to Bill and a few others.

            “We couldn’t get to her without getting killed. The boy was protecting her.” Bill says. My father kicks at the dirt and stairs at the decaying animal carcasses on the ground. The two families that got killed.

            “At least we have something to show for it. Look at these nine marvelous bodies!” My father shouts and everyone cheers. He then gives a serious look to Bill.

            “I want Danby to collect blood samples and then I want the bodies burned.” Someone nods and they leave. Bill is still standing in the dark. That is when a truck pulls up into the lot. It’s Nick.

            “You wanted to see me.” Nick says as he looks in horror at all the bodies. My father nods and Bill looks away.

            “Nick my boy. I am sending you on your first job.” He says and he wraps his arm around Nick’s shoulder.

            “You care for my daughter yes?” My father asks. Nick looks from Bill to my father.

            “Yes.” He says. My father smiles wickedly.

            “Good. Very good.”

            It was Tuesday morning and I was getting ready for my very first day of school. I was nervous for obvious reasons, but at least Ronnie would be with me along with Loraine and a few others that I have not met yet. Owen’s pack has quite a few teens in it. There was Garrett, Jillian, Aiden, Colette, and Gray. They all went to school with Ronnie and Loraine. Now they would be going with me as well.

            “Let’s go Estelle!” Ronnie yells. I open the bathroom door run out. We had to hurry—we were taking the boat to the mainland and then driving into a town right outside Moscow. We had to do this everyday for school. It was kind of a long process just to get to school. We walk in the medieval halls of the castle and I see Will. I pass him without saying as much as a "Hi". We were fighting and he wasn’t speaking to me.

            After Sunday night, we parted ways and I was so angry at him. He just didn’t understand how much I wanted to be like his family—how much I wanted to be fully accepted by them. I would only get that by becoming a werewolf.  

            “Still fighting?” Ronnie asks me as we head down the flights of stairs. I nod once. I have been keeping to myself about my issues because I was sure Ronnie didn’t want to hear them.

            “I am sure it will be fine.” She says. I shrug my shoulders and we quickly go outside. Loraine and the rest of the teens are ready to leave. We get in the car and head to the docks. On the boat, I see six other teens our age. They belong to Sokolav’s pack. I take a seat next to a boy named Adrik. He was cute, even with the slight gap in his teeth.

            “You are going to like it here.” I smile and glance at Ronnie who is talking with Leopold—another hot Russian werewolf. Just like Will and Colton, they were all built like Gods and they all had good looks.

            “I hope so. How are the students at school?” I ask wondering if they are nice to newcomers. There would be eight new students at this new Russian school.

            “Eh. They are afraid of the six of us.” Adrik says. Afraid? Maybe it was because they were seriously God like compared to me and any other human.