His Mate...

EARLY UPLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY

  “What?” I don’t really believe what she just said to me. Not because I don’t believe Anka but because I am just shocked. Mate. That term was so foreign to me. I always thought that I had a “soul mate” out there that would love me despite my faults.

            “You are the intended one for the young warrior. Highly rare. It has only happened once before.” She says and I think back to Will. Has he always known?

            “How is it rare? Did he—has he known?” I ask. I have so many questions for her but I am sure that Phoebe is waiting for me. This was important though.

            “It is rare because naturally humans are not compatible with guardians. Not for mating or for turning. All die.” She tells me and that doesn’t give me much comfort.

            “Has he known?” I ask again. I would yell at Will if he did. How could he not tell me?

            “Yes. He has known ever since he laid his eyes on you.” I grit my teeth and look at the ground. How could he not tell me? But how could I not know? If he could know, why not me?

            “Thank you. I—I have to go.” I say getting up slowly. The woman grabs my hand.

            “Follow your heart child.” She says to me and I snatch my arm back. I storm out of the shop. I call Phoebe and tell her that we need to leave. She doesn’t want to leave and so I meet up with her so I can talk.

            “What happened?” She asks me. I shake my head because I can’t tell her what happened.

            “Family emergency. That’s all. I wish I could stay.” I tell Phoebe. She frowns and she calls her cousins that live up here. She asks if she can stay with them. Fortunately, they say yes and I am on my home.

            I speed on the interstate and I hit over a hundred. I thought after two hours of driving I would have calmed down but I was only more upset just thinking about it. I felt stupid—all the signs were there! He even kissed me and his body always went tense when I touched him. I got home and it was late at night and to my surprise I saw my parent’s truck in the drive. They weren’t suppose to be home until tomorrow night. I shut my car off and stomped inside. My mother and Jane were sitting in the living room. They stop talking when they see me.

            “Honey!” My mother whined. I roll my eyes and keep back the growl that is threatening to escape my throat.

            “Where are dad and Bill?” I think I already know that answer. My mother stands up and starts towards me.

            “Downstairs—honey, come here.” I ignore her and run into the kitchen. The door to the basement is unlocked and I fly down the stairs. My father and Bill are huddled around Will. I can see blood and my anger suddenly diminishes.

            “What are you doing to him?” I shout and they stop to look at me. I step in front of Will who is breathing heavily. My father has this look of betrayal on his face.

            “Estelle.” My father sternly says. I don’t move an inch.

            “Don’t even talk to me after what you did to me! How could you?” I whisper and I can see some guilt in his eyes but it vanishes quickly.

            “Move. I know that he foiled our plans in exterminating the Stone River Pack.” He says and Bill nods in agreement. I cross my arms over my chest.