To Newly Found Family And Awkward Experiences...

GOT AMBITIOUS SO HERE IS AN EARLY UPLOAD. ENJOY! OKAY SO...THE ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF...WELL I DON'T KNOW. I JUST WANTED TO SHOW ESTELLE'S SOCIALLY AWKWARD SIDE. HOPE YOU LIKE IT. :)

            James looks extremely surprise. Did he even know about me at all? Had my mother spoken to him since he left all those years ago? All these questions swam in my mind but I didn’t voice them.

            “Estelle. Kate is your mom. She is my daughter.” I nod once. Thank you captain obvious.

            “I had no idea she had a child. A human one.” I look at my hands. It seems that he didn’t like the fact I was a human or that he had a human granddaughter.

            “Kate married a human?” He asks me. I nod.

            “Yes. His name is Daniel. He is a hunter.” I say. James grits his teeth and looks troubled.

            “Kate said that she always wanted to marry a man like me when she was younger.” His eyes sparkle as he relives the memory. I smile and wish that my mother was still the same person today.

            “It was an arranged marriage but she does love him.” I say. My grandfather looks at me.

            “Damn that Ruby. Always told Stella what to do. Probably told Kate what to do as well.” He says. Anka told me that James had been exiled from his pack—how did he end up here and how the hell was he close with Sokolav? James stares at me.

            “What are you doing here? Is your mother with you?” My heart almost breaks at the sound of his desperation. I wish I knew where she was at this moment.

            “I left my home in Wyoming. Um, it’s a long story.” I say. I was still in shock that my grandfather was here in front of me.

            “I have time. After all, it isn’t everyday I find out I have a granddaughter.” We smile at each other. A warming feeling entered my heart. I did have family with me.

            I told James everything. From the moment I was born to the night Will was caught. I talked about my father a lot and how I was suppose to be the new clan’s prophetess. I told him how mean he was and how Will and I were mates. I told James that my mother, Kate, never told my father about her being a werewolf. I then gave him details in how I escaped with Will. I then told him why I ended up here which was because my father burnt the pack house down. James was almost speechless.

            “Your father sounds like a miserable man.” I smile sadly. He may be a little sick in the head but I still loved him. I stay silent and watch him process everything.

            “So you have no idea where your mother is?” He asks me.

            “No. After my father discovered the truth, he told her to leave.”  I tell him. He nods once.

            “I am so happy that you’re here.” He says suddenly. I beam at him. Does he really mean it? All I ever wanted was to meet him in person. My family fell apart.

            “Really?” I ask. He nods and comes over to me. He kisses my hand gently.

            “Yes. You look very much so like your mother. You are tall like her too. When she was just eight she was already above five feet.” I smile even though I don’t think I look anything like my mother. 

            I look at the clock and realize it is past three. I should have been back to the castle by now. Why didn’t anyone get me? I still don’t want to leave though. I just met my grandfather.