15

"What?" I look at Derek frightened. He walks fast while I try to catch up to him. I stop dead in my tracks as he turns around to look at me.

"Get in the car!" He yells at me as I jump at the sound of his voice.

"No!" I yell back at him. He raises both eyebrows.

"No?" He yells at me.

"Not until you tell me what the fuck is going on." I say. He groans and pushes his hair back with his hand.

"You're so stubborn." He says.

"Tell me."

"Get in the car and I will." He says as I open the car door and hop into the passenger seat while he sits in the drivers seat. He starts the car and drives off fast. I reach to turn the radio on untl he slaps my hand away from the radio. I look at him and raise my eyebrows.

"Tell me what's going on, Derek." I say as he looks at me and then back to the road again.

"Malcolm's here. He got here sooner than I expected. Like I said before, he knows about you and he wants you. He's also after me. The guys are at that broken down building right now and they are waiting for us. We have to hurry because Malcolm knows about our fucking hiding spot." He says as he turns into the parking lot where the broken building is. We get out of the car and run into the building. We see the guys standing there pacing the floors.

"Bout' fucking time!" The blonde hair boy yells.

"She asks too many questions." Derek says as he nods in my direction. I open my mouth to protest but the blonde haired boy beats me to it.

"We have to get the fuck out of here." The blonde hair boy says. He tosses a duffel bag to Derek. Derek holds the bag.

"What about the girl?" A boy with jet black hair said. Derek looks at me and then back to the guys.

"She needs to leave." The blonde hair boy said.

"She's already in enough trouble." A boy with brown hair said.

"Enough!" Derek yells at them. They all shut up and look at me. I look at Derek as he runs his fingers through his hair bitting his lip.

"I'll meet you guys there." Derek says to the guys.

"But what about-"

"Get out of here!" He yells at them as the guys run and get into there cars. Derek looks at me and pulls me with him. We step out of the broken down building as we jump into the car. He drives off to god know's where. I look at him as he has one hand on the steering wheel with his other hand on his knee. He's bitting his lip as he continues to drive.

"Where are we going?" I ask him. He kept his eyes on the road.

"I'm taking you home."

"Home?" I furrow my eyebrows. He stops the car and turns off the engine. I look at him as he looks down in his lap. I look around to see us parked on the side of the road.

"I'm doing what's best for you, Em." He says looking at me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You have to let me go."

"What? No!" I yell at him.

"You go on and live your life." He says looking back down at his lap while I shake my head with tears forming in my eyes.

"No." I say as tears stream down my face.

"I'm bad for you, Em. You have to stay away from me." He says as he looks at the road.