Chapter 42

Read my rant at the end if you dare. *evil laugh* No, seriously, read it..

[ Zayn's POV ]

I could hear myself let out a loud grunt as I hauled one of my suitcases into the trunk of our van. Oh my goodness, I should have packed much lighter. After placing the fat suitcase into the truck, I glanced down at the next one. It was bright red, which meant it belonged to me. I sighed, reached down, and picked it up. With another pig-like grunt, I shoved it into the back of the vehicle.

Why am I the only one doing this? I glanced up, trying to seek the other boys. I rolled my golden-brown eyes when I spotted them. All four of the lads were kicking a football violently at each other, trying to hit each other in the face. Louis moaned lightly as Niall's kick hit him in the gut, but he quickly regained himself and kicked it back just as hard.

Harry hit the ball with his big, fat head, sending it straight up into the air. He then brought his new Adidas up and kicked it roughly in Liam's direction. Liam hit it back with his chest. He is impossible to beat at anything that has to do with athleticism. I swear, he is in such good shape.

I smiled to myself in spite of my thoughts. I am so glad that Liam and I are officially best mates again. If you really think about it, we were always best mates, though. Four days ago just felt like closure. A nice, meaningful closure that I felt needed to be done. I just wouldn't feel right if we didn't have that talk. I know I most likely sound like a person at the end of a romance movie, but I am being one-hundred percent serious. Life just wouldn't be complete if Liam and I weren't friends anymore.

"Thanks for putting our stuff in the boot for us!" Louis yelled, not even glancing my way. With a quick swivel of his palm, he went straight back to kicking the round ball at Liam. Sometimes I wish I could take him and strangle him or just ring his neck, but I never would. No matter what he did, no one could ever get mad at Louis for too long.

Harry, Liam, and Niall all cackled out raspy laughs and sent me loving smiles. So they think it's funny that I am doing all the work for them? Fine then, we'll see who puts their stuff up. We. Will. See.

I glanced down again at the array of multi-colored suitcases that were awaiting to be placed into the van. The blue was Harry's, the green was obviously Niall's, Liam took purple, and Louis' were just gray. I rolled my eyes and just stared down at them, silently begging for them to get into the van on their own. Okay, I kind of knew that wasn't going to happen, so I moved onto Plan B.

Bending myself at my waist in one swift motion, I pushed Louis' suitcase down on the ground. It landed with a thud. None of them seemed to notice, as they kept kicking that dumb ball, so I pushed down the other two that belonged to the Doncaster boy.

Figuring that I had nothing to lose, I kicked Niall and Liam's down to the ground, too. Smirking to myself, I knocked Harry's over as well. With a proud smile plastered on my lips, I turned on the heel of my Supras and got into the van. It felt like I had been sitting there forever, even though it was only about five or ten minutes.

"BOYS!" Paul yelled, catching all of their attention. "Get your slow arses in the van!"

I didn't even turn around to see their facial expressions when they realized that their beloved belongings were on the ground. Their amusing words said it all:

"ZAYN!"

"What the hell, Zayn?!"

"Why'd you do that for?"

"What the fuck, mate?"

I snickered into my palm as the sounds of feet hitting pavement filled my ears. I heard thuds on the trunk, which meant they put their bags in their themselves. That'll show them, I though. Finally, they all piled into the van and we zoomed off towards the airport.